Just renewed my insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just did a quick check on gocompare and get quotes ranging from £536 (AXA) to £1774 OneQuote Direct (which it says is a special offer lol).

right, decision made & done it now - £342.50 price matched from Elephant, with Admiral.

the yearly performance over & done with! :bannana:

off-topic
Noodle-Pulp - i have to ask, the kitty in your avatar, Bengal? or even a Savannah?? we've got 2 Bengal Terrorists in our house & that face/look seems very familiar! :D

off-topic
Noodle-Pulp - i have to ask, the kitty in your avatar, Bengal? or even a Savannah?? we've got 2 Bengal Terrorists in our house & that face/look seems very familiar! :D

Bengal - we have 2 - siblings - terrorist isn't far off the mark with this one.. :rock:

Last edited:
hi i have just recived my renual.
1990 w124 300ce £85 fully comp 1 years no claim with express insurance.
i couldnt belive it?

hi i have just recived my renual.
1990 w124 300ce £85 fully comp 1 years no claim with express insurance.
i couldnt belive it?

Hope they are a legitimate approved insurance company - there have been several false ones over the years and obviously the customer was not actually insured.

or is he on a bargain first class return flight to Oz for £49.99 already;)

I'm dissapointed said car is not being shipped out for the trip:confused:

You mean he isn't towing it overland with the Yaris??

My renewal's up on the AMG - 1y NCB, age 30, £729 for 10m...

Not getting much cheaper :(

Land Rover - £200 full comp inc. offroad and greenlaning...

Golf still about the same as the Merc, but that's with 5y NCB...

I guess I'm high risk for some reason, postcode or job.

AA are a flamin' shower too...

Whilst I'm still simmering gently, my invitation to renew the car insurance arrived today:

In it, the AA confidently stated, that having trawled through millions of quotes, the lowest was £191.95 - up from £164.40.

Straight onto their site for a quote brought it down to £159.97 within 30 seconds. Phoned them up and told them they could do better than that - and got it down to £154.97. :thumb:

Same insurers - SAGA, same terms - 5k miles pa, NCD protected, £250 XS plus £250 voluntary XS, locked garage, immobiliser, no convictions.

...Grrrr...:doh:

My renewal's up on the AMG - 1y NCB, age 30, £729 for 10m...

Not getting much cheaper :(

Land Rover - £200 full comp inc. offroad and greenlaning...

Golf still about the same as the Merc, but that's with 5y NCB...

I guess I'm high risk for some reason, postcode or job.

Why don't you put the C43 on a classic policy?

Ditto, that's exactly what I did with my CLK55.

Will

Ditto, that's exactly what I did with my CLK55.

Will

How do you get it put on a classic policy? I was trying to do this on mine and will do it on renewal if I can work out how...

You just ring around a few insurance companys or brokers. I've had various cars on classic policies over the years, this one is through 'Peter Best'.

If you join the official MB owners club they give you a 10% discount too - which normally covers the membership cost :)

Will

Most prestige cars can go on a classic policy of some sort if over 5 years old. Some marques like Ferrari qualify automatically as every car is deemed a modern classic.

Footman James are very competitive - Peter Best insist on it being garaged from memory.

You need a second car though, and can't accrue no claims if i understand correctly

...my invitation to renew the car insurance arrived today: £191.95 - up from £164.40.

Straight onto their site for a quote brought it down to £159.97 within 30 seconds. Phoned them up and told them they could do better than that - and got it down to £154.97. :thumb:
...Grrrr...:doh:

So, saved £36.98.

Renewal for house insurance arrived today - same palaver...

Saved £184.80.

Very nice, clearly-spoken chap explained that it's just the way of the world nowadays. You've got to challenge every demand for money or they rob you blind. :(

...Grrr again...

So, saved £36.98.

Renewal for house insurance arrived today - same palaver...

Saved £184.80.

Very nice, clearly-spoken chap explained that it's just the way of the world nowadays. You've got to challenge every demand for money or they rob you blind. :(

...Grrr again...

very true, i'm trying to sort out our business insurance renewal. last year was £2.5k & renewal come thru the same again for next year, after a fair amount of searching & scratching of head - i'm now near £1k, for more cover than previously! :crazy:

I just renewed the insurance on wifey's Honda Jazz with Liverpool Victoria.

Original renewal quote was £440. Online requote was £340. Rang them up and shouted at them a bit as that difference is ridicuous. Took youngest daughter (will be 25 in July) off - she has her own car and I would have liked to have kept her on but in reality is unlikely to ever drive her Mums car - and it came down to £220.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom