Just saw this C63 review, I think I want one now!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimmyShimmy

Car
C63s
Hi all, long time lurker first-time poster.

I have been thinking about buying the C63 S Coupe for a while now but after seeing this review by Matt Brand Cars I'm ready to pull the plug and just buy one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But does anyone have experience driving the C43 vs the C63? Is it worth the extra cash? I live in a warmer climate area, but it does rain a lot so I'm not sure if I should just get the C43 and be okay with not having the madness of the C63?

Thanks!

Definitely go for the 63 😎

Hi all, long time lurker first-time poster.

I have been thinking about buying the C63 S Coupe for a while now but after seeing this review by Matt Brand Cars I'm ready to pull the plug and just buy one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But does anyone have experience driving the C43 vs the C63? Is it worth the extra cash? I live in a warmer climate area, but it does rain a lot so I'm not sure if I should just get the C43 and be okay with not having the madness of the C63?

Thanks!
Welcome to MBClub. If it’s the 63 S you really want, then go for that.

The 43 is a fantastic car, but if it’s not the one you really wanted then no matter how good it is it won’t be the car you really wanted.

The 63 S will be absolutely fine in the rain, as long as you have suitable tyres in good condition, and drive according to the conditions - just avoid track-orientated tyres.

Generally if someone says they need 4WD on the road because of the car’s performance, then it’s because they’re driving too fast for the conditions/tyres.

The 43 is a fantastic car, but if it’s not the one you really wanted then no matter how good it is it won’t be the car you really wanted.

The 63 S will be absolutely fine in the rain, as long as you have suitable tyres in good condition, and drive according to the conditions - just avoid track-orientated tyres.

Generally if someone says they need 4WD on the road because of the car’s performance, then it’s because they’re driving too fast for the conditions/tyres.
Yeah good points all round. I've had a few RWD cars but nothing with this much power. Thank you for the reply!

Always fancied one myself but I think it would kill the savings account........... It's not so much buying one as the prices have come down a lot on them and for me I couldn't justify the running costs on them.

Always fancied one myself but I think it would kill the savings account........... It's not so much buying one as the prices have come down a lot on them and for me I couldn't justify the running costs on them.
You won’t regret it…

I suppose the impact of running costs will depend upon the car it would replace, but compared to another similarly aged Mercedes, apart from brakes I can’t imagine it would be hugely different in terms of servicing, road tact and insurance.

Fuel consumption won’t be great but the impact of that could be small (if you cover a low annual mileage) to big (if you spend all day every day in the motorway!).As long as it doesn’t stretch you to far, then go for it 👍🏻

I have been looking at them for a while now and was planning on changing the eclass later this year so it might just happen before it's too late and we all get forced over to the electric side.

I have been looking at them for a while now and was planning on changing the eclass later this year so it might just happen before it's too late and we all get forced over to the electric side.
Not going to happen anytime soon enjoy the 63👍

If you go for the C43, when you are at the traffic lights and a C63s pulls up next to you......then you'll know you should have gone to the dark side with the 63. Buy it!!! Get one!! Do it!! :)

If you go for the C43, when you are at the traffic lights and a C63s pulls up next to you......then you'll know you should have gone to the dark side with the 63. Buy it!!! Get one!! Do it!! :)

Unless it's icy or wet in which case the C43 will worry you for a bit ;)

My budget wouldn't stretch to a C63 let alone a C63S when I got my C43, however when I was trying to work out how I could come into an extra £20k or so because I really wanted the C63 I did find myself thinking about the rear wheel drive, the fact I live up north where snow, ice and all manner of inclement weather are just part of life, and my friend's experiences in his Nissan 370Z and current Ford Mustang GT - none of which were all that good. Then one day I happened to be in a C class taxi and I got into the dicussion with the driver - he said he would choose the C43 because his current C class gets a bit wayward in the winter.

Would I love to own a V8? Hell yes! Would I like to own the 'proper' C class AMG? Hell yes. In an ideal world.

I'm delighted with my C43 everytime I start it and every time I drive it. Do I regret not making the budget stretch or going for an older car to get the C63? Nope. I love the C43, it has the power I need, the involvement I need when I want it and relaxed cruising when I ask it. I also love the fact it's not the top of the line C63 or C63S, and so doesn't catch the eye of so many thieves and I don't have to worry about it as much as I think I would.

But that's just my experience and my opinion :)

It's a pussycat if you treat it with respect. Don't mash the pedal to the floor in bad conditions and you're fine.

Even if you do that, the electronic nanny should catch it as long as you haven't turned it off.

It makes me laugh every time I drive it.

But the fuel consumption truly sucks, so bear that in mind....In town traffic in London I get between 8 - 12 mpg. On the motorway if driven gently it gets ~27mpg. Take it for a burn round the twisties in manual driving mode while keeping the revs up and you're looking at 8 - 12 mpg as well.

I’d take the C 43 for the traffic light Grand Prix in the the real world. What it lacks in no power is offset by consistently getting off the line with the greatest use of it’s potential.

I had the same choice 2 and half years ago.

newer c43 or older c63 I went with the c63 for these reasons

looks wise whilst the details are smaller on the saloon the 43 has the same body as the standard c class

performance I have no doubt the 43 is well capable but the sounds are totally different and for me this was a massive thing. To be honest anything over 300bhp is too much for the roads but you always want more and the c63 4.0 engine is perfect for the remap

last of all

the way car manufacturers are going at the minute we may have one of last engines of its kind I don’t think you can say that about the 43

Just been through the same comparison C43 vs C63 and test drove them back to back. My thoughts were that the C43 was very civilised even in sports mode - probably due to the silky smooth engine. But as a result you just don't feel the benefit of the 4wd and the car had no edge. When I jumped in the C63 you immediately feel the edge in it, even in comfort. And that engine...
C63S is what's in my garage now!! Had to make compromises over spec and went for a saloon rather than coupe but the deal was exactly what I wanted.:cool: Have a little left for petrol once I'm allowed to actually go out and drive it thanks to the lockdown!!

Just been through the same comparison C43 vs C63 and test drove them back to back. My thoughts were that the C43 was very civilised even in sports mode - probably due to the silky smooth engine. But as a result you just don't feel the benefit of the 4wd and the car had no edge. When I jumped in the C63 you immediately feel the edge in it, even in comfort. And that engine...
C63S is what's in my garage now!! Had to make compromises over spec and went for a saloon rather than coupe but the deal was exactly what I wanted.:cool: Have a little left for petrol once I'm allowed to actually go out and drive it thanks to the lockdown!!

It is a very civilised car, another reason why I bought it over the C63. It does put 69% of the power to the rear wheels though and that's fixed, so it's not hard to put it's traction to the test :) Sport+ mode does make it a bit more of an animal, has to be said.

I have to agree with this. My C63S is my daily driver and it’s absolutely fine in the wet. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S’s help of course, but the throttle works both ways.😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom