Just saying thanks .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Me - BMW 440i Coupe / Dog -Cayenne
to the person who damaged my wifes new car today at Breahead then buggered off without leaving any details , its ok we will pay for the damage you have caused.

Second time this has happened , last time it took the police six months and £2.5k to sort it out thanks to the third party denying that they were driving the car when the accident happened.

Rant over - K.

PS - I hope their next poo is a hedgehog.

My wife rolls her eyes as I go around the car park looking for the most out of the way spot available. Only because I'm fed up with numerous scrapes on various cars over the years that I did not cause.

Have you checked if it could have been caught on cctv?

Have you checked if it could have been caught on cctv?

Thought about it, but based on the previous experience it was genuinely more hassle than it was worth. How accessible shopping center CCTV is to the public I don't know , then we need to get the police / insurance involved (if they have any) and trying to prove 100% the damage was caused by the TP would be another hurdle to climb.

When it stops chucking it down I will try and pop it out from the inside then I will take it down to the chap that repaired my sons Fiesta`s door and see what he says.

Just another thing to deal with when we have enough on our plate at present.

I did comment that if she wasn`t shopping again then it wouldn`t have happened , I was firmly put in my place when she said that she was getting my birthday present for tomorrow. I should have asked for some filler and spraypaint rather than gym attire.

K

That looks like a post shaped dent...

That looks like a post shaped dent...

The black trim below the scuff / dent is completely untouched , it looks like something with a slightly higher bumper has had trouble entering or leaving the space next to her car plus she always parks forward into a bay.

K

I've heard a bit of gentle heat helps them return to the original shape, but your paint is cracked so that won't fix itself.

There is a local firm to me who I use who would pop that out, fill it and spray it for nothing like what a "professional bodyshop" would charge to replace and paint a new bumper.

Nowhere near Paisley though sadly.

I find it sad that those who are subhuman are better off than those that give a sht in many respects and the "authorities" do nothing but support that these days.

Thinking about just putting it through the insurance as the car is just 6 months old , the £150 excess will be much less than a proper repair job plus it is the pearlescent white meaning the entire bumper may need painted.

K

Reactions: 219
to the person who damaged my wifes new car today at Breahead then buggered off without leaving any details , its ok we will pay for the damage you have caused.

Second time this has happened , last time it took the police six months and £2.5k to sort it out thanks to the third party denying that they were driving the car when the accident happened.

Rant over - K.

PS - I hope their next poo is a hedgehog.
Have you asked the centre for cctv footage ? I think Braehead is quite well covered .

Thought about it, but based on the previous experience it was genuinely more hassle than it was worth. How accessible shopping center CCTV is to the public I don't know , then we need to get the police / insurance involved (if they have any) and trying to prove 100% the damage was caused by the TP would be another hurdle to climb.

When it stops chucking it down I will try and pop it out from the inside then I will take it down to the chap that repaired my sons Fiesta`s door and see what he says.

Just another thing to deal with when we have enough on our plate at present.

I did comment that if she wasn`t shopping again then it wouldn`t have happened , I was firmly put in my place when she said that she was getting my birthday present for tomorrow. I should have asked for some filler and spraypaint rather than gym attire.

K
Its worth going in and asking the question, as long as you have the location and a time window . Then , IIRC , you get your insurer to request the footage and leave them to recover from the other party .

Its worth going in and asking the question, as long as you have the location and a time window . Then , IIRC , you get your insurer to request the footage and leave them to recover from the other party .

You are correct , I have just e-mailed them to see if the info is available and how to get it.

I was going to "suck it up" and just pay the excess and get it fixed properly but why should we when it wasn't our fault.

Looking at it in the dry and daylight I needs a new bumper skin, I would not be happy with a large "smart" repair on a six month old car.

K

Reactions: 219
I had similar damage (sorry deleted the photo from my records) and went to a local bodyshop without insurance involvement and paid for it myself. £250-300. Came back good as new.

There is a local firm to me who I use who would pop that out, fill it and spray it for nothing like what a "professional bodyshop" would charge to replace and paint a new bumper.

Nowhere near Paisley though sadly.

I find it sad that those who are subhuman are better off than those that give a sht in many respects and the "authorities" do nothing but support that these days.

John, can you post the details as always good to know cheap local bods. Ta

Its worth finding out about CCTV, a friend of mine had a similar thing happen and traced the driver through the CCTV and a little support from the police. The person responsible was traced and all was sorted very amicably

I once came back to my car to find a massive scrape down the front bumper and drivers door. And the car responsible parked next to me with a scrape on their bumper and some of my paintwork transfered to their scrape also.
I was amazed that the driver either didnt notice or had the cheek to leave it there. Anyway I traced them easily and with some back and forth got mine repair withouted going through those insruance nightmares.

Good luck..

Kenny, don’t give in. Braehead should help you here. It will be someone in a big 4x4 not knowing the size of their vehicle as always. Numpties.

John, can you post the details as always good to know cheap local bods. Ta

They are called "Scuffbusters".

They are down in Tunbridge Wells albeit an hour or so from me (so localish but local relative to Paisley!).

Called Breahead today , we need to fill a form in on Monday detailing when / where it happened. They will then have a look to see if anything has been caught on camera . if so this video evidence can be made available to the insurance company as required.

Once we establish if we have any evidence then we can decide what we do next.

K

Good to Know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom