Just take a minute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I know I've not been very active over the last few months, but I thought I'd just write a little piece about the seemingly constant battles that have been taking place in recent times.

There are a lot of strong personalities on the forum, this is one of the things that make it a great place to visit, but sometimes it's easy for a mild dispute to explode and spill into other parts and ruin other threads. I've been guilty of this in the past and believe me, it gets us nowhere.

These kinds of happenings are ruining the forum.

I can understand some peoples frustration at the perceived popularity of certain Off-Topic subjects, but there are a great deal of forum members that visit here because they have a Mercedes car, very little goes wrong with it and they'd like to be involved in anyway that they can. I dare say that 75% of people join a forum because they have a problem with their car, so I doubt that most have joined to have a FB-type involvement, they've simply found a forum brimming with people from all different walks of life (Lancastrians as well) and simply want to spend a few minutes/hours forgetting about their job or whatever and have a chin-wag with like-minded people.

I'm not trying to say 'let's all get along' because it doesn't happen in life and it won't happen here. I'm just saying take a minute before you post and maybe take a deep breath before you say something that may cause a thread to descend into anarchy.

Good advice

Lets hope that everyone takes note ;)

I'm surprised your posting. Didn't you say a few months back you were going?

That's an odd reaction to a bit of common sense!

Anyway how's the Range Rover going SPX, giving it some stick today?

I'm surprised your posting. Didn't you say a few months back you were going?

Why do you insist on prodding Steve - I don't get it?

Most uncalled for, as a response to what the OP has written.

A poor show indeed.

Harrythedog said:
That's an odd reaction to a bit of common sense!

Anyway how's the Range Rover going SPX, giving it some stick today?

Nothing wrong with his post, I agree with its sentiments but I do find it odd that someone said they were leaving not so long ago would post it?

Nothing wrong with his post, I agree with its sentiments but I do find it odd that someone said they were leaving not so long ago would post it?

I don't think he said he was leaving I thought he said he wouldn't be as active although I stand to be corrected

I don't think he said he was leaving I thought he said he wouldn't be as active although I stand to be corrected

I did yes, but this forum gives so much mental stimulation that it was hard to give it up completely so I couldn't in the end give up altogether...

hir is sum kittons
kittons r nice

21dnalw.jpg

Why do you insist on prodding Steve - I don't get it?

Most uncalled for, as a response to what the OP has written.

A poor show indeed.

It isnt prodding - SPX clearly stated he was leaving.

Most uncalled for, as a response to what Steve has written.

A poor show indeed. :rolleyes:

Hi Sweetpea
good post however the next post sums up just how futile it is to try to reason with one or two others
i too post less frequently ( but i accept my inputs are hardly worth a second glance in comparison to the more articulate posters) for the same reasons, but i still read fairly regularly however some of the comments leave me scratching my head
i think some of the members/admins seem to post for the sake of it but i guess thats the way it goes

I'm beginning to think the more antagonistic ones are in need of a good sh.g to calm them down.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think the more antagonistic ones are in need of a good sh.g to calm them down.

I look forward to reading your For Sale post offering your body for this purpose. Very altruistic of you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom