Just the odd mistake in this 124 Ad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
126 series ???,those front wings are wrong as well aren't they on a 220?.

126 series ???,those front wings are wrong as well aren't they on a 220?.
The front wing is from a turbodiesel although I have seen a few petrol cars that have had the diesel wing fitted. Presumably to replace a damaged or rusty one

Despite all the errors it looks quite reasonable for the money. Has aircon - not sure if it works though. The description is pretty unimpressive. Cant tell what the badge on the back says. Might be a misrepresented diesel or a petrol with diesel wing.

The front wing is from a turbodiesel although I have seen a few petrol cars that have had the diesel wing fitted. Presumably to replace a damaged or rusty one

So is that type wing only fitted to the offside of a TD then ?.

having just looked at my Mercedes enthusiasts mag and the article on the w124 diesel sold by Nick of w124 it seems that they the w124 diesel only has the vents on the offside wing

maybe its a petrol and just had a new wing fitted

hope this helps

having just looked at my Mercedes enthusiasts mag and the article on the w124 diesel sold by Nick of w124 it seems that they the w124 diesel only has the vents on the offside wing

maybe its a petrol and just had a new wing fitted

hope this helps

Glad mines a petrol then, I like things matching lol:doh:

The vent was to allow more air for the multi-valve E300D n/a. Turbo's weren't produced RHD because of the steering box?
Badge looks like E220, no such animal as a 220SE in the nineties.
Cheers,
Paul

how does the spare wheel fit like that?!

DVLA have it as a 2199cc petrol, so it must be a replacement wing. Not taxed since June...

Last edited:
Curiouser and curiouser, maybe he's got an lpg tank where the spare wheel should be - can't see the filler though!

Very reasonable for that mileage, though

Curiouser and curiouser, maybe he's got an lpg tank where the spare wheel should be - can't see the filler though!

There's something underneath the rear bumper in the middle, with no mention of a towbar in the description. DVLA don't recognize it as LPG though: my old LPG Mondeo shows up as "GAS BI-FUEL" in their database, whereas this car is "PETROL". It could be the owner didn't bother to notify them, as you only do this for VED reduction, and that's only £10–15/year.

yes it looks to me like just the wheel trim, not the full wheel.

only multivalve engined diesel W124's have the vent in the wing (1993->1996)

Looks clean enough for a grand though. Not sure about the wiper - might want to check that as it doesn't seem to be parking itself properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom