Just thinking about it!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jpskiller

Car
Wifes
Just thinking about it!!
Not defecting as yet but If I where, what make would be best choice for a car over 13+ years for reliability, upkeep etc ie;

Lexus
BMW
etc

Mercedes w124 ;)

Just thinking about it!!
Not defecting as yet but If I where, what make would be best choice for a car over 13+ years for reliability, upkeep etc ie;

Lexus
BMW
etc

A Mercedes.

Lexus
BMW
etc

Whatever pills you are currently taking please stop it; they are obviously a faulty batch and affecting your thought processes:D . Follow the light and stick a 124; maybe a little newer thats all:)

I realise no one on here is biased:rolleyes:, I was just thinking what the next best choice would be:eek:.... if not a merc

And I'll ask my DR. about the tablets..and get another MRI done :crazy:

Skoda would be a better bet than something from Munchen

It depends on what level of car you want. For straightforward reliability it probably has to be Toyota, but if you want grace then an MB diesel with the 605/606 engine will be hard to beat.
A w210 may rust but a 300TD will be very reliable and cheap to run overal.

I didn't realise that people put so much thought into it ...

I buy what i like within my price range . You might buy the worlds most reliable car but if it looks like a POS then whats the point ? :confused:

Toyota, Honda, VW over 10 years old..

vw or audi had loads of both cant go far wrong audi coupe 5cyl or golf 16v both cheap fun & easy to keep on the road .hondas are for girls the wife has one no probs but i find the vtec a bit harsh the old merc for me any time

Anything you buy should last 13 yrs if maintained well and looked after - fix things when they break or show signs of breaking and keep on top of chips and scratches.

Honest answer?

Merc, Toyota, BMW, Kia, Hyundai, VWAudiSeatSkoda. And stick to reasonably basic models if you want to keep old age costs down. Some of the Kia/Hyundai stuff has 7 yr warranty too.

Bear in mind that if you stick strictly to service schedules you'll be replacing airbags at 10 yrs on many cars.

Paul, we need to talk. It is obvious that your thought process has been somewhat re aligned in the scanner. I bet it was one of those Japanese made ones. They do that you know, move the brain cells a little. Have your eyes slanted slightly? Are you taking on a yellow paler? Naomi, a smack in the face before bed and an endless supply of Mb Enthusiast, that should sort him out.

Paul, only one choice ( I am biased)

W124

Just thinking about it!!

Lexus
BMW
etc

LEXUS :bannana::):p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom