Just took a punt and bought these to fit to my C55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terrymcg

Car
W164 ML 320CDI
Just happened to be browsing ebay, sober I may add, and came across these at a stupidly low price whatever car they are for: BREMBO AMG MERCEDES BREAKS 4 POT CALIPERS CL500 | eBay

The part number does not appear to mean anything, nor did they come from a CL500 as its a non AMG car! To me they look like the SLK55 rear calipers. SO hope with a few more bits they will fit my C55!

Anyone have an idea what they are from?

I just had to click BIN before anyone else seen them!

Spotted them last night but they`re useless to me even though they were chap

Okay, got these today. Sadly wont have time to whip my rears off this weekend as I am too busy moving house. If i was to post up some pics would somebody be able to tell me if they are CLK55 or SLK55 calipers, therefore will fit my C55.

Thanks in advance.

why not sell them with a profit and buy the ones designed for the c55?

I am not sure if they maybe are the proper ones?? If not I will try to find out what they are from and sell them on again.

I might be wrong but I don't think they're from CLK
Is there a part nr on them??

Well I have just found the E55 Brembo part number and it does not match these....so there is some hope I suppose!

Does a C55 not already have AMG calipers?

What makes these better than what you have if at all?

Would 6 pot or 8 pot be better?

Are your current brakes not good enough? could you change the pads as an easy fix.

A210AMG said:
Does a C55 not already have AMG calipers?

What makes these better than what you have if at all?

Would 6 pot or 8 pot be better?

Are your current brakes not good enough? could you change the pads as an easy fix.

The C55 does not have AMG calipers on the rear, and it looks daft. Hence why I was looking at fitting these.

^ I could inderstand changing the fronts if they were different.

Cannot say I have ever looked at rear calipers thinking they don't look right :)

Hope they fit though.

Didn't a member on here with a C55 do similar? Tuto or something? he had a black C55 with lots of mods. Someone else may know?

^ I was close....thanks

But I think he did the brakes with SLK ones?

should be able to help the op

Just for info if anyone is interested. I got these and they did not fit! The bolt holes were 2cm too far apart.

On an up side, they sold for £316 in the end. So as I suspected, the guy sold me them too cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom