Just towed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
... my mothers car :p

We were driving back from a lunch at her friends house when the car died. (It had some trouble starting too...) Quite ironic as I was trying to convince my mother to get rid of her car and get a merc (trying to push her for a pillarless 124... :cool: ) Anyways, the car died, on starting it again, though it did start, the idlying was erratic, with the revs jumping all over the place.

At first I thought of a dead spark plug, but then when I pressed the accelerator, nothing happened... nothing at alll! So I pop the bonnet and manually pull the accelerator cable, still nothing...

I'm not sure what it is, but I was thinking of a clogged up fuel filter, the car idles very erratically, no change of anything upon acceleration... ideas?

Its going to the mecchanic as soon as he comes back from his holiday, meanwhile I'll probably play with the engine a little...

Anyways, it was interesting as the car was parked at the top of a hill and had been blocked in by another car, so we couldn't slide it out. I needed to tow it up, then roll it down a bit and then tow it all the way home... about 30mins at a max of 20mph... pretty scary, especially when Paul (a friend driving the audi, without power steering mom wasn't able to turn..) braked... my whole car would jerk and the front would feel VERY out of control... NEVER again... mom's buying a RAC/AA membership tomorrow (which would you advise?)

Meanwhile, I'm looking at some older 124's on eBay... there is a pretty red one (pillarless 300 CE... :cool:)

Michele

Definately sounds fuel related if it won't rev at all. Probably the fuel pump or relay gone South.

If your Mum fancies a large car then a 124 Coupe/Cab could be just the ticket.
Any metallic colour would be fine.
Facelift versions look so much better to me.........

Dieselman said:
Definately sounds fuel related if it won't rev at all. Probably the fuel pump or relay gone South.

If your Mum fancies a large car then a 124 Coupe/Cab could be just the ticket.
Any metallic colour would be fine.
Facelift versions look so much better to me.........

Red is her favorite colour.... so red would probably be the way forward... (I know a primer grey would be nice ... or even black :) )

But we will see, she needs co-ercing into getting a 124; I need to make her understand just how reliable mercs can be!

Michele

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom