Just when you thought we had a bit of good news, this comes along...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
The good news is that the government are having more than just second thoughts on 'smart motorways'...the bad news is they are thinking about allowing electric scooters on our road system - but not pavements, so thats OK then :rolleyes: - riders will be insured and wear helmets. Good luck policing that.

They should kick this nonsense in to the tall grass. Their idea is that everyone who buys a scooter will be giving up a car thereby making our road clean and green. I will take a guess that nearly all of these scooters will be made in China. How about letting this happen but insisting all scooters must be manufactured in the UK by a UK company...thought not.

It's bad anough having MAMIL's on our country lanes, add electric scooters into the mix, even in town....plus a lot of Ashford is "pedestrianised" with very limited vehicle access, already fun with pratts on bikes!

Time to fight back, get a mobility 4 wheeler rigged as a dodgem car!!

I thought the government had concluded that smart motorways needed improvement but were otherwise safe? I don’t agree with them, but hey...

They seem to have concluded that they can be made safer by closing the inside lane and turning it into a hard shoulder ie a very long layby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom