Just wondering...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you can suffer the mental torture the Jag electrical systems will bestow upon you then go for it :)

Even Jaguar gave up on my XKR after 4 weeks trying to find a canbus fault, because I was too busy to look at it myself, (I found the problem in the end). cramped interior out of date satnav audio systems and awkward getting in and out of ................
still love it to bitz and the R type exhaust note is sublime.

Go for one ..........

:)

Golf convertible ?

Alfa Spyder ?

Last edited:
I have a very nice Golf convertible for sale, I make you good price effendi (well I would but the price has just been dropped as I want it gone). It is a fun thing to drive, torquey little engine, lovely handling, light but not really I think what the OP is after.

Alfa Spiders in good nick are serious money and they are pretty ancient beasts to drive. I'd go Porsche 968 or 944 any day over the Alfa.

A well looked after R129 is probably your best bet. Avoids the rust plagued R107 and the complex electronic trickery of the R230. Pre 2001 cars ? only 2 fixed road tax categories. :thumb: Look for a car that's been garaged most of its life as even with the hard top long term water ingress/ moisture build up can be a problem for the electronics. In terms of looks they are sensitive to body colour and wheel styling. Look best "dimension wise " in a dark metallic IMHO.

Go SL 129, the last of the hand made SL's, Ive had about 8 of them, never any trouble and at a real low price right now, they all drive great and are really comfortable

sam

Last edited:
Another thought -

BMW 2002 cabriolet ?

Would one of these make the MGB seem reliable?

Tony.

Not sure jotter but it would make it seem as though it was in reverse...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom