Just wondering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bri

Car
2008 Mercedes E220 est Sold ! 2011 E350 est Sold ! 2018 E220 est Premium package
Will this hosepipe ban apply to Mercedes owners.......... ;)ha ha.
Already notice that some of the nice people at some car washes are putting up prices from August 1st... there not as daft as we think you know :(

Having spent 25 years in the driest village in the driest county in England, the last thing I anticipated moving up to the NW 4 years ago was a hosepipe ban..:confused:

Just a week ago I was in a pub in Piersbridge near Doncaster,when the heavens opened it came straight down a weird substance it was clear and wet very soon the road drainage could not cope ,we had a violent thunderstorm,I sat there just staring at it all coming down,where I live we have not had rain since April,I love the sun but I have had enough,lets get some rain please.

Aren't you on Severn Trent? There's no hosepipe in Stoke.
Actually we sit within a mile of the head of the Trent, pretty much on the water shed between E Midlands and Cheshire.
Our water is from Severn Trent, but being able to see the Dee estuary from our house, always feel I'm in the NW;)
......and it has rained here this afternoon:rolleyes:

We (in NI) had a ban from the end of June but now lifted.

It wasn't for a shortage but due to increased demand and an inability for the system to cope.

Actually we sit within a mile of the head of the Trent, pretty much on the water shed between E Midlands and Cheshire.
Our water is from Severn Trent, but being able to see the Dee estuary from our house, always feel I'm in the NW;)
......and it has rained here this afternoon:rolleyes:
Best of both worlds! - United Utilities can impose a hosepipe ban if they like, but Severn Trent customers can ignore it.

Having lived in North East Wales, and then Crewe, I still feel like I'm more in the NW too.

I like to top up my local pool on every visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reminds me of the little boy who came home early from school telling his parents that he had been banned from swimming for 'adding a little water' to the pool.
'I wouldn't worry, I'm sure everyone has done that at some time' reassured his father.
'Yeah, but not from the 10m board' his son confessed....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom