Justice delayed is justice denied...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr E

MB Enthusiast
Car
57 W211 E280 AG
...unless you play football, of course.

What justifies delaying the trial of what many consider to be quite serious charges (certainly for a public figure) on the basis of a few football games?

Absolutely Nothing at all justifies this. I am assuming that you referring to that useless lump of meat that parades his millions whilst spitting his racist venom. A true role model for all youngsters. Mother despite his millions goes shoplifting while his father does a spot of Class A drug dealing on the side. Why is he even on the pitch in the first place. Why is he not at home shagging his best mates girl friend (Oh he did that as well).

I think the reason he should neither play for England nor captain the team is because he's a scumbag and a bad advertisement for our country.....but he's been neither tried nor found guilty of anything yet and as such should be free to carry on living his life as merely the accused.

But he used his "celebrity England Captain" status to have his trial delayed. Now that he is no longer England Captain (what a shinning advert for English Football) they can bring his trial date back in.

I think the reason he should neither play for England nor captain the team is because he's a scumbag and a bad advertisement for our country.....but he's been neither tried nor found guilty of anything yet and as such should be free to carry on living his life as merely the accused.

Agreed - he's not guilty, but the only reasons the trial has been delayed are that Chelsea players may not be available to give evidence, and that it may interfere with the build-up to the Euro finals.

Putting the personality issues aside (I don't follow football so all that goes over my head), a trial that the judge had pencilled in for March has been put back so as to not interfere with a few games of football.

I seem to remember being taught in the dim and distant past that justice is equal for all - I know that this maxim has never applied in the case of a large wallet, but nowadays it seems to apply to footballers and government ministers too.

I've seen a trial set back to fit the witnesses' holiday. Never mind that the (only) witnesses were the ones who instigated the trial by fabricating evidence (thus committing perjury) and was an ex cop (and his wife) and that the accused was finally completely cleared - availabilty of witnesses is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom