JVC Double Din - connecting to parking brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
I just bought a JVC AVX810 Double Din unit with 7" touch screen. Lots of leads :crazy: and there's one which says 'parking brake'...how do I get to that cable to connect?

This sounds like its the switch to allow the operation of the TV screen when parked only.

You might want to consider if a different kind of configuration suits your needs better.

Either take it to the wire at the base of the handbrake or just connect it straight to ground. (doing this will mean the screen will stay on all the time without having to pull the handbrake!)

Bob

But check that you still get all features. May be an idea to put a switch in too.

Either take it to the wire at the base of the handbrake or just connect it straight to ground. (doing this will mean the screen will stay on all the time without having to pull the handbrake!)

Bob

But check that you still get all features. May be an idea to put a switch in too.
Pretty much what I came in to post.
Switched lead to ground will enable you to use it as and when you desire.

Don't think it's UK legislated yet that you have to connect it to the handbrake, although it is mandated in some other countries/states, I believe.

Did you manage to fit this and did you manage to retain wheel controls (assuming you had them in the first place).

I have a W208 with Bose and I am struggling to find anything that might be a relatively simple upgrade and allow wheel controls to be retained.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There are no wheel controls on my ML. The override was earthed by splicing into another cable rather than going to the parking brake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom