JVC Smart TV gone wrong 2 months out of warranty...Any Suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Hi Guys...JVC Smart TV gone wrong 2 months out of warranty...
It has a series of horizontal coloured lines on the top third of the picture...
Tried a factory reset...no good...contacted Currys technical dept....They basically said tough...nothing we can do...
I would have thought it should last at least 3 years...It was bought using a credit card in July 2021
Any suggestions other than paying for an engineer to come and fix...
Thanks Eddie

Buy a decent tv next time not useless shite made by currys.

View attachment 132973
It was bought for my elderly mother who is 92 who we care for 24/7 at home...Curry's are no help...just wanted a little sympathetic help

Doesn’t your credit card company offer some sort of protection? Consumer Act Section 75. Might be worth contacting them.

There is a realistic expectation in law that such goods should have a life expectantcy of 6 years

When one of our refrigeretors stopped working at 13 months the company offered to sell me another!

I pointed out the Consumer Rights Act in an email, mentioned a charge back via the credit card used to purchase it and the new (free) replacement arrived the next day 👍

Be calm, be polite, be persistent!

Good luck 👍👍

Clearly there’s the fact that under the ‘sale of goods act’ goods sold should be of merchantable quality.
Obviously the TV’s failure after such a relatively short period of time that wasn’t the case.

Hope you have a positive outcome with the situation. 👍

As mentioned already, when communicating with Currys state merchantable quality, Sale or Goods Act, and that it’s reasonable to expect a TV to have a serviceable life far in excess of 15 months.

Both your Credit Card company (if purchased by credit car) and the Citizens Advice Bureau should be able to assist if the above doesn’t work. Good luck getting it sorted quickly 👍🏻

Try ceoemail.com and email the ceo of JVC direct, surprising what that can do.

As mentioned already, when communicating with Currys state merchantable quality, Sale or Goods Act, and that it’s reasonable to expect a TV to have a serviceable life far in excess of 15 months.

Both your Credit Card company (if purchased by credit car) and the Citizens Advice Bureau should be able to assist if the above doesn’t work. Good luck getting it sorted quickly 👍🏻
Sale of Goods Act was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act in 2015.

Which site ahs useful info along with standard letters you can use

Back in the day I’m sure JVC were good.
I've had a 55 inch JVC TV for 7 years now , I think the op has just been unlucky with some electronic component .

I've had a 55 inch JVC TV for 7 years now , I think the op has just been unlucky with some electronic component .
Agreed, I'm sure there's a moan about every make of TV or Washer or Cooker or Car you get the idea.🙄🙂 Hope he gets he's sorted though. 🤞🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom