K&N air filter fitting on w212 e350 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SANJP

Car
W212 BRABUS D6S
Has anyone fitted these in a W212 231 E350 CDI ? I bought mine from Larkspeed labelled to fit e350cdi but on opening up the air boxes I have what looks like two sealed paper filters that are triangular / wedge in shape, totally different to the K&N replacements ? please see pictures below

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

So annoying why on earth would K&N sell these for E350CDI ??

Anyone else had this issue ?

it could be that these are ment for a 350 Petrol as the only cdi listed on Larkspeed is the 230,320cdi. When i went on the K&N website it don't list any filters for the Diesel models

well thats strange !!!! i had been looking for a pair for mine but gave up as on the k&n website i couldn't see my car listed i was thinking that the 320cdi had a differant airbox so the filter sandwitched into it like most others but the part numbers are the same for the 350 and 320 so maybe worth a call to them monday.

Last edited:
E350 cdi k&n filter cont

They definitely advertise them for the E350 CDI - Part No I have is K&N 33-2940 which most companies advertising as E350CDI fliters shown below

jpg.jpg

Some more pics of the actual original E350 CDI sealed filters below

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

Searched for hours for photos for even locating or changing the E350 CDI air filters but nothing so hopefully this post will help a lot of owners from making the same mistake.

Last edited:
Has anyone fitted these in a W212 231 E350 CDI ? I bought mine from Larkspeed labelled to fit e350cdi but on opening up the air boxes I have what looks like two sealed paper filters that are triangular / wedge in shape, totally different to the K&N replacements ? please see pictures below

The K&N filters you have are for the earlier 320 CDI and maybe the previous CLS 350. I have asked K&N about filters for the new CLS 350CDI and they do not make them and have no future plans to do so. On checking on the internet I found that you can get paper filter types complete with the plastic cover, one side for £32.76 and the other for £39.12. What a crazy idea ?????

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

So annoying why on earth would K&N sell these for E350CDI ??

Anyone else had this issue ?

The K&N filters you have are for the earlier 320 CDI and maybe the previous CLS 350. I have asked K&N about filters for the new CLS 350CDI and they do not make them and have no future plans to do so. On checking on the internet I found that you can get paper filter types complete with the plastic cover, one side for £32.76 and the other for £39.12. What a crazy idea ?????

350 cdi air filter

I have just purchased a pair of air filters (damper filters) from Euro Car Parts, the filters that arrived are in genuine MB sealed boxes.

Total cost was £71.34 with free posting and a free can of Triple QX maintenance spray?

Pleased because they are original MB parts and much cheaper that what a MB dealer would charge.

Will have to wait for the K&N filter to be made if ever

I have just purchased a pair of air filters (damper filters) from Euro Car Parts, the filters that arrived are in genuine MB sealed boxes.

Total cost was £71.34 with free posting and a free can of Triple QX maintenance spray?

Pleased because they are original MB parts and much cheaper that what a MB dealer would charge.

Will have to wait for the K&N filter to be made if ever

Did you get a price from the main dealer?

Hmm those look suspiciously like the cabin air filters for an E class....

350 cdi air filter

Did you get a price from the main dealer?

For the price of the filters from Merc. Benz, I have the WIS/ASRA along with EPC for parts, my version also comes with the prices of most parts, for the O/S filter it states 84.90 Euros and for the N/S 121.27 Euros, why the big difference??? at todays exchange rate thats around £179

Euro Car Parts it was £33 for O/S and £38 for N/S

There early 320/350cdi air filters, not the later type that you need, Mercedes are mad, uber expensive air filters and the new fuel filters with water sensor are £90!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom