K&N air filter for C250 CDI?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EJJTaylor

Car
Mercedes C250 CDI AMG
I'm debating buying a new K&N air filter for my new C250 CDI to give it a deeper sound or perhaps better sound from the front of the car.

I have never had a diesel before... Will this have the usual air filter effect or perhaps not being a diesel?

Thanks!

It will have no effect on the sound of your engine what so ever. I have BMC filters(better quality IMO) fitted to mine, and it makes no difference to the sound emanating from under the bonnet.

As above, but if you want to go the hole hog then fit green filter they are better and will
last alot better :)

Any diesel mb owners that have used k+n filters noticed a difference in performance or mpg?

Was wondering if they were worth the £82 price tag.

A friend of mine fitted one to his c220 cdi, and it sounds awesome when given a boot full the car has been mapped btw.

You can proper hear it sucking the air in. He also get a smaller chatter from the Air box too lol.

As for performance im not sure lol

All I was worried about is getting a slightly better sound... Varied opinions on this then?

Hi, So did you buy the K&N induction?

Just wondering if you had any improvement on sound?

I fitted one to a Ford focus eco boost 1 litre. Although they're brilliant cars with plenty of power for a 1 litre, the only additional noise the k&n induction kit made was a hissing sound when i changed gear like a dump valve but it didn't add any acceleration Grunt what's so ever. Was very disappointed so not prepared to spend another 180 quid on my c250 if there will be no difference...

Thanks

Old thread I know but did anyone have trouble fitting the bmc air filter received 1 today and it’s too big in depth for my airbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom