K reg 190E 2.0 Sportline project.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Nothing to do with me but I thought this would be a good project for someone. The guy is wide open to offers & is being told it's worth about £50 more than it's scrap value. The wheels & the interior if undamaged are worth £400.

MERCEDES 190E SPORTLINE 2.0 MANUAL SPAIRS OR REPAIR on eBay (end time 13-May-10 11:08:39 BST)

It's a good colour, 040 Black (funeral Director's black) with the three options which comprise a full Sportline 190E:
243 sports seats, front and rear
281 steering wheel with sports design (390 mm) & gearshift in leather trim
650 sports chassis with 15-hole light alloy rims

Which gives you Option 950 sportline (consisting of codes 65/0, 243, 281)

The Sportline chassis transforms the car.

Unusually, it has a manual with cruise control.

Last edited:
Well, on one hand, there's the inherent value of the bits (big assumption about lack of damage, IMHO), and on the other hand there's the cost of getting it from his place to the buyer's. That's supply/demand thing all messed up.

Still reckon the value as-stated is £300.

Scrap cars are £175 per ton. It's worth about £240 weighed in.

A full factory Sportline 190E is very rare & IMHO it's worth considerably more than that.

TBH I wouldn't use the 190 forum as a yardstick for price. It's notorious for running down the values of the very cars the members own & love.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/967568-post10.html

I know Sportlines are relatively rare, but there's £1000+ to spend on that car just to get it driveable. The refusal of the seller to get it legally driveable (let alone the running issues) means that it cannot sell to 90% of would-be buyers.

Er... don't you have a 190-shaped space on your drive? :D

I know Sportlines are relatively rare, but there's £1000+ to spend on that car just to get it driveable. The refusal of the seller to get it legally driveable (let alone the running issues) means that it cannot sell to 90% of would-be buyers.

Er... don't you have a 190-shaped space on your drive? :D

I filled that hole with a 2.5-16 the week The Sickness left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom