k-tronic adjustment...for those without a duty cycle multimeter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stringer

Car
300E 1987
Still struggling to work out why my plugs are still misfiring after going to a hotter plug and now NOT seeing the awful black shiny blob of oil on the plugs (previously) but getting a different kind of 'reading'.

Is it possible that with my adjustement of the mixture screw that my new LEAN setting is, in fact, too lean...and hence lack of power beyond about 1800 rpm?
After this point, there is misfiring of sorts...

I dont have a duty cycle on my multimeter. but if anyone can tell me the layman's way of getting a rough setting - which is better than a 'wild' one based on me listening to how smooth or rough the engine is...please do let me know

but be quick. Just cos Cameron's ruled out Blightly getting involved here, it still looks as though Obama is going to bomb neighbouring Syrua any day now, which means for sure Israeli air strikes here. it's complicated. Just trust me.

And it would be nice to have the umph to pull away at speed if, say, various individuals deem in appropriate to omit various calibres of lead in my direction during the more heated moments of sculduggery which always accompany wars.

thanks for understanding
M in Beirut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom