K6 Relay Testing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tflda29

Car
ML270 CDi 2002
Morning All,

I am having trouble with my ML270 2002. The three braking system lights are on. When i start the car and begin to drive the yellow triangle flashes as if looking for or testing something and then a fourth light comes on...epc...i think and the triangle stops flashing.....

I have replaced brake switch and swapped relay K25 with another one but still the fault is there. There was another relay that said it was for ESP/Brake light attenuation...relay K6.....and when i tested it for resistance out of the car it the opposite reading than all the other relays....ie all the others showed 0 and this one showed 1....or vica versa can't remember which way round.

Before i start looking for chaffed wiring or anything else does anyone know if this relay should be set up differently than the others?

thanks
Trevor

Hi,
Have you not checked your wheel speed sensors, as I think this would be my first port of call before checking anything, you maybe able to put a meter on each sensor in turn this "may" highlight if there is a failled one, but I think I would get it hooked up to a diagnostic machine (STAR preferably), and see what the fault codes read.

Hi , yes i have checked the wheel sensors and they all read the same around 1500 ohms. I did notice that the rear nearside one looked fairly new and from an aftermarket supplier....i have only had the car since last August....

I see that Gendan do a Mercedes specific advanced reader for around £400 and wondered if anyone had experience of this......seemingly can read all systems on the ML.

cheers
Trevor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom