Kangaroo Diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TommyTroot

Car
GLC 300D Premium Plus
Hi Folks, I normally drive like an old granny ( very careful, within speed limits etc) but decided to try my glc 300d in sport + mode all was fine until pulling away from a junction while also turning right, the car started powering on then off again until finally speeding up, seemed ok after that, is this normal ? I was flooring it as I turned, can’t think what I was doing wrong. Maybe ASDA diesel ? Anyone else had this? Cheers for any clue.

Happens occasionally on my E250 and that's petrol! Only ever in low gears at mid to high throttle openings. I just back off and let it get the twist out of its knickers and its alright then. Its done it for years and then only occasionally. Sometimes things are just too complicated for their own good.

Hi Folks, I normally drive like an old granny ( very careful, within speed limits etc) but decided to try my glc 300d in sport + mode all was fine until pulling away from a junction while also turning right, the car started powering on then off again until finally speeding up, seemed ok after that, is this normal ? I was flooring it as I turned, can’t think what I was doing wrong. Maybe ASDA diesel ? Anyone else had this? Cheers for any clue.
Nothing to do with where your fuel came from. As others have said, it's the traction control. As you turn the wheel the tyre leans over and the contact area reduces, that along with the improved throttle response and propensity to change to a lower ratio in Sport mode will make it more Iikely to trigger the traction control system.

Standard GLC 'crabbing' ?? 🤷‍♂️ You say you do not usually use sport+, I think you might be using 1st gear for the first time by selecting sport + then turning while flooring it . Was the road dry ?

Yes the road was dry, never had this on previous cars although none were Mercedes, it’s no big deal just wondered if it was common, thanks for all the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom