Karcher Car Chassis Cleaner - Any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apart from mechanics, who's going to appreciate a clean underbody? I'm not sure I see the benefit of using one.

Thats right, the salt falls off by it self now that they are importing it from Ireland....:):)

Sorry :(

No experience of this kit but looks a good idea! Especially this time of year :)

Thats right, the salt falls off by it self now that they are importing it from Ireland....:):)

True. I tend to get a bit sceptical about manufacturers inventing solutions to imagined problems.

Things like that soap dispenser with the sensor pump.

This is Pete said:
Apart from mechanics, who's going to appreciate a clean underbody? I'm not sure I see the benefit of using one.

It may help prevent rust. Not a big issue on a new car but on a five year old one not a bad idea.

I'd be concerned about high pressure water in a place where designers don't expect it. Electrical connectors could suffer water ingress.

Also, removing all the oily residue from beneath a car leaves it more vulnerable to corrosion.

I just wouldn't even consider it. Just my opinion though.

I would have thought driving through standing water at 40mph would generate pretty high pressure water splashes. Most of the underside is shielded anyway

Mmmm. Not much improvement on a "cranked jet" imho. Major areas of deposition are mainly in the wheel arch areas and this unit is simply too big to fit without taking the wheels off. Washing an offroad vehicle often involves large gobs of "countryside" falling vertically downwards off the vehicle and I wonder how the delicate fan "thingy" would cope with that.

I would have thought driving through standing water at 40mph would generate pretty high pressure water splashes. Most of the underside is shielded anyway

Yes, I see what you mean. It's not as if someone is poking around underneath with a jet wash lance.

It looks like an upturned patio cleaner, I have one which does the patio very nicely.
I just use an ordinary pressure washer on the sills and wheel-arches of the car though.

Terry

I just use an ordinary pressure washer on the sills and wheel-arches of the car though.

Terry

I had local car wash operative pressure wash my car once.

He managed to soak one of the level sensors in my car.

A £5 car wash cost me £140 to get sorted and a day of hassle.

Never again.

Washing under the car is not done often if ever, so for me I would put a towl down on the floor bend my knees and attach a small lance and turn down the pressure and wash.

Plastic components -storage- cost-not using it correctly- using it to often- are the negatives.

Hi Folks

The chassis cleaner is an excellent product for cleaning under your vehicle. It works with shampoo to clean the underneath of your vehicle and high pressure and remove salt, sludge, mud, sand and water corrosive agents from your vehicle. Once it is cleaned use the chassis cleaner to apply the protection treatment to stop dirt, grime etc. sticking to the underside by providing a protective layer. It is height adjustable too so can use under camber vans as well as cars and is compatible with all the K Range of Karcher pressure washer (home & garden) range.:rock::rock:

Purchase brand new for only £33.12 (half competitors prices)
Karcher Under body Chassis Cleaner

How to use

Kärcher Chassis Cleaner - YouTube

Nice advertisment, but you would say that wouldn't you.

Looks like a solution looking for a problem to me.

It's too cheap.

The short of person who likes to polish their car underside (nobody here of course..) wouldn't dream of spending so little.

I reckon a shallow jacuzzi for cars with ever-so-gentle bubble action would be far more popular.

It's too cheap.

The short of person who likes to polish their car underside (nobody here of course..) wouldn't dream of spending so little.

I reckon a shallow jacuzzi for cars with ever-so-gentle bubble action would be far more popular.

And the bevy of bikini clad beauties to ease off the mud with baby oil.

Putting oil in the bottle and spraying the underside with that might be more effective in preventing rust, wouldn't work if it already has a hold though, should only be used on new cars. Hang on that will negate the Warranty, and kill any chance of a goodwill payment :D

Anything that washes away salt has to be a good idea, My local carwash washes the underside and its one of the reasons I use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom