Karcher K4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisk2010

MB Enthusiast
Car
C230 w203
Hi All,

Well I got a wee bit fed up with my Vax pressure washer the weekend as the second nozzle had broken (little blue nib inside) the last time it done this was when I just started my detailing last year and it took 3 days to source and get one delivered.

My ever amazing, fantastically calm love of my life saved the day firstly by not letting me smash the Vax to pieces :mad: and spoiling me with a Karcher K4. It's a great pressure washer and much quieter (as far as pressure washers go) than the Vax so the neighbours will be a bit happier.

Only thing I could fault was the hose was a bit short but not massive problem.

The reason for this post other than praising my better half is Clas Ohlson have a discount code "WELCOMETOCLAS" for first time buyers and you could potentially pick one up for £135.00 however they're out of stock till 06/06/2018.

If you can't wait you can either reserve one in Halfords for £165 or amazon have matched them for £165 also.

Hope this helps someone :)

I recently bought the K4 premium from the outlet (I think the only difference is a hose reel) and am really pleased with it as I already have a K2 and some accessories.
It does cost less from there but the warranty is only 6 months which I extended to 12 for an additional £11.

Karchers are not anywhere near as good as they used to be, I got rid of mine when the trigger gun sprang a leak and three replacements from Karcher all leaked straight out of the packet. Save yourself the grief and buy a Nilfisk instead. They are much better quality.

They are good but for the price when comparable to Nilfisks lower item (c110) which are the same, you could buy two for the price of a K4

Anyway not to bash the purchase, if you fancy a longer lance hose or upgrade to the stubby gun with quick connect attachments, I can highly recommend Directhoses as they sell the trigger and hose sets. Recently got one for my Nilfisk and the job is 10x easier now :thumb:

I’ve used Karcher for over 30 years and never really had a problem.
My current K4 is used almost in an industrial scale with the amount of washing I do.
For example last year I offered to power wash a neighbours block paving. I thought it would be a days work but turned out to be four days work. The K4 is still working perfectly but if it does give trouble I would have no hesitation in replacing it with another.

My only gripe is that the hose is too short. The longer hose I have from a previous Karcher does not have the “click fit”

For example last year I offered to power wash a neighbours block paving. I thought it would be a days work but turned out to be four days work. The K4 is still working perfectly but if it does give trouble I would have no hesitation in replacing it with another.
We all need neighbours like you :)

I have had a nilfisk for 5 years of which i bought for £70 and it has been great, i bought an extended hose and a snow foam attachment and it works a charm.

If you find yourself wanting to try something other than Karcher :D

I’ve used Karcher for over 30 years and never really had a problem.

I've used them that long as well, they used to be good until they moved production to China and quality control went out the window.
Apart from that, all but the more expensive models have plastic pumps/impellers, all Nilfisk are aluminium, guess which lasts longer?

Have a Nilfisk after my Karcher pump gave up the ghost, am very pleased with it , performs very well

Nilfisk for me. Karcher are the equivalent of Dyson for the vacuum world.

Looking at a recent post on Detailing World, Nilfisk appear no more reliable.

Thanks for the comments guys I've had both Nilfisk and Karcher over the years ranging from big industrial to small home use and to be honest it's a much of a much for me.

My Nilfisk died so a bought the Vax from the Screwfix exhibition and apart from the nozzle it's been great.

I've brought the Vax in to work this morning and cleaned it up greased the o-rings and threads plus blown it out with the compressor so it will live on.

They are good but for the price when comparable to Nilfisks lower item (c110) which are the same, you could buy two for the price of a K4

Anyway not to bash the purchase, if you fancy a longer lance hose or upgrade to the stubby gun with quick connect attachments, I can highly recommend Directhoses as they sell the trigger and hose sets. Recently got one for my Nilfisk and the job is 10x easier now :thumb:

Thanks ash I'll have a look a bit later :) I was planning to ask the Pirtek guy to whip me something up next time his round, I have a few spare guns at work that I'm sure I could put to good use though :rolleyes:.

Had a Karcher K4 for longer than I can remember now. Just works so can’t fault it.

DC49073F-C277-4AF8-81E8-77A60ECB9288.jpeg

By pure coincidence I just found the old manual for the nilfisk.

My only gripe regarding the K4 was the hose which is just a tad too short to reach all way around the car with moving the PW so a 10m hose is on the way (from ebay) for a reasonable £25.

My only gripe regarding the K4 was the hose which is just a tad too short to reach all way around the car with moving the PW so a 10m hose is on the way (from ebay) for a reasonable £25.

Got a link Ant I was just looking at the 6m extension hose for £30.

Got a c120 today on amazon sale for £59 inc free next day shipping. Any ideas on good snowfoam lances?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom