Karcher or Nilfisk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

erdnase

Car
E Class Coupe 2016
My old Karcher has had its day. Just wondered if anybody had any recommendations. I'm thinking of buying a Nilfisk pressure washer this time.

I've got a compact nilfisk. To be honest can't fault it, does what it says on the tin. Look out for refurbished units - are a real bargain - either on eBay or own nilfisk site.

I second the Nilfisk option, managed to pick up a used one in good condition for £20.

Another one for Nilfisk here. :)

Nilfisk. Go for a good one and never look back. Karcher are just flimsy and poor value for money now.

Nilfisk for me too. I had a fairly basic Karcher which didn't last too long. I replaced it with a more upmarket Nilfisk which has been going strong for several years.

Mine has a reel on it to store the hose which is handy - and the hose is not one of those inflexible plastic jobs, it is rubber and long enough to get right round the car without moving the pump unit.

Nilfisk it is then. Sounds like Karcher has gone done hill over the years.

That looks like one or two models up from the basic one which I use and, at under £100, what's not to like.

Got all the toys with it as well. :)

Another vote here for Nilfisk.

I used their outlet website for refurbished stock. Got a cracking machine for a very good price. Still includes 6 months warranty from the manufacturer too, although I'll be amazed if you need it. They don't always have stock (didn't when i went to it) but you put your name down and the email you when they have one. Took less than a week for me!

just to balance the argument............

...............my Karcher K7 is BRILLIANT :bannana:

Main issue with Karcher is that they have plastic impellers, and they break after a year (probably due to the cold over winter making them brittle).

Nilfisk seem to have metal impellers, which are more robust.

At least, thats what I was told.

I think it may depend at what price range you are going to enter the market in to what you get.

I have had both a K2 and currently have a K4 Compact, now if i am correct the K2 is a plastic air cooled motor, but the K4 is a metal water cooled unit and as such is alot more durable.

I have had it for 15 months and hasn't missed a beat on me yet, but then it only snow foams and rinses two cars albeit it does it most weekends and in most temperatures. Now while you could tell the K2 was cheap, although it was still functional the K4 is much better.

Maybe worth checking out the karcher outlet for a refurb / discounted k4 / k5 / k7 etc. as well as the nilfisk range.

I have just ordered a Karcher K4 full control pressure washer with some bits and pieces from John Lewis. It was price matched to £169, not sure who it was matched too. It will get delivered at some point in the next 10days.

However the deal at argos for the Nilfisk Titan 120 Hpw Bar Pressure Washer - 1400W for £99 sounds a great deal. Too late now....:crazy:

My Karcher K6.58 is still going strong after 10 years plus. Had it to bits once for a sticking valve, gave it an oil change at the same time.

My Karcher K6.58 is still going strong after 10 years plus. Had it to bits once for a sticking valve, gave it an oil change at the same time.

I had one of them too, unfortunately when you do need to replace a part, it all comes from China now and the quality is dire. I had 4 brand new trigger guns that leaked water straight out of the packet and used for the first time.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom