Karcher or Nilfisk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I think most stuff comes from China these days, electrical bits for my Jag were marked made in china to Jaguar specifications and doubtless a fair percentage of my Merc was made in China. I am involved with an air freight company and handle hundreds of tonnes of stuff coming in from China every week. JCB gearbox bits are made in Turkey and the wheels on my Jag were made in Poland.

Just assembled my Nilfisk and tested it out and it all works. Does seem rather plastic to me and but everything is the days. I'll see how durable it is over time. It does come with a 3 year guarantee so I assume thats the minimum life span of the product anything more is bonus. I did get 9 years out of my Karcher K2.97

Well I think most stuff comes from China these days,

I'm well aware of that, but when 4 brand new trigger guns leak straight out of the box you have to wonder if Karcher have any quality control measures in place?

Russ

Had a karcher for about 5 years until it gave up the ghost
So I decided to try a nilfisk as I don't think the karcher seems
To be as good as it used to be have had the nilfisk for nearly
Two years without any problems so for so good

Saw this and thought it looks a good offer, so I ordered one for collection at my nearest Argos. Went to collect it yesterday, but rejected the first one offered as Nilfisk seal was broken, and the box had obviously been opened and resealed with sellotape. Box was plain white and approx 65cm wide, 30cm deep and 55cm high. Second one brought to the counter, but was exactly the same, opened and taped up.

Didn't fancy a repacked item for obvious reasons and asked for a refund, which to Argos credit was actioned immediately, had the Paypal refund notification email inside 10 minutes.

Tried another nearby Argos, but their item was the same, i.e. white box opened and taped up, so didn't get it.

Carried on with other shopping etc, and over a coffee thought maybe I was being too picky, and that if there was anything missing or broken Argos would sort it and perhaps this was the reason they had the offer running. So, on way home, called at first Argos and bought another one.

This one (Titan X-Tra) appeared in a full colour retail box, approx 25cm x 28cm x 75cm, with Nilfisk seal intact. Much happier with this.

PS There is a discrepancy with Nilfisk product numbers between the Argos website and the item collected, but Nilfisk have so many compact washer offerings, it doesn't really matter.

I would have rejected any product where the seal was broken or repackaged as well. My nilfisk seal was intact and box unopened. Yes the power washer out at the weekend find out how good it is.

Just purchased a K7 today from Costco for £407 . Cant wait to use it on the patios and cars ! Looks and feels like a proper beast......

A bit late to this party, but Stihl do Stihl badged Nilfisks priced keenly. Mines as tough as old boots.

I've had 3 Karcher's in a row, no idea what model numbers they were. I think they were mid-range or something about 175-300 for each I spend. And each and ever single one started leaking, some from the motor, all from the triggers. In hindsight I felt stupid I went back for more.

I bought a Nilfisk bottom of the range as I also had another realisation that you don't actually want a super powerful one for the car, nor my patio (my grouting or whatever it is called was removed by it ;)). I've had that one now for nearly 5 years without any issue.

I wished I wasn't drawn by the big yellow brand...

I think it may depend at what price range you are going to enter the market in to what you get.

I have had both a K2 and currently have a K4 Compact, now if i am correct the K2 is a plastic air cooled motor, but the K4 is a metal water cooled unit and as such is alot more durable.

I have had it for 15 months and hasn't missed a beat on me yet, but then it only snow foams and rinses two cars albeit it does it most weekends and in most temperatures. Now while you could tell the K2 was cheap, although it was still functional the K4 is much better.

Maybe worth checking out the karcher outlet for a refurb / discounted k4 / k5 / k7 etc. as well as the nilfisk range.

This 100%.

I've gone the same route, K2 to K4. The K2 was weak and lightweight but the K4 is a tough old bird. You're right about the motors.

My K4 lives in my house in Greece which has more patio areas than you can throw a stick at. It starts it's 4th, trouble free year, in April.

I have an issue with a Nilfisk pressure washer.

The pump used to stop running when the trigger was released but now runs all the time, although at a slower rate with the trigger released. Operates normally when the trigger is operated but trigger is very stiff to release. It feels like the pressure is too much.

Any ideas or solutions anyone?

Flow detector , it's what senses water flow when you depress the trigger and starts the pump.

Sounds like it's stuck on.

Ours ( Nilfisk Alto Poseidon 1 ) sticks off sometimes and we have to bang the machine on the floor to release it.

We've had a company replace ours once before , I think it will be time for a new machine soon , although ours does get used an awful lot (500m x 2m pontoons to keep clean )

Thanks Howard, I'll look into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom