Karting - Buckmore Park, Sep/Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
[Mods: I've posted this in GD as this isn't an event yet; will post a new thread in Events if it goes ahead]

After our karting event at Castle Combe in February, I've been scouting around looking for another facility that would be better. Scott mentioned Buckmore Park, Chatham; I've been sent one of their brouchers and have just come off the 'phone with them.

We can have a "Mini Grand Prix Sprint Race", of 2.5 hours, driving 70mph Prokarts, for between 16 and 30 drivers:

Buckmore Park said:
What is Sprint Racing?

Exclusive Grand Prix Sprint events consist of a safety briefing and practice session, followed by a series of wheel-to-wheel, adrenaline filled qualifying heats (min. three heats per driver) with up to 16 karts on the circuit. The pressure is on from the second the lights go green until the final chequered flag. The event culminates in a grand final for the leading point scoring competitors, followed by a podium trophy presentation for the top three drivers.

The cost is £69 per driver. If we get more than 30 drivers, we can have a Super Grand Prix at £64 per driver.

I propose adding a couple of quid extra on that and buying a quality trophy that can be given to the "MBClub Karting" winner with their name engraved on it; we can then use that for future events. (I realise that there are issues to resolve here, but in general, would that be something that you would support?)

There are two dates available: 24 September and 1 October. I think the next one is into November. I can't reserve a date without paying a 50% deposit, which strangely enough, I don't wish to do ;)

What I would like to do is to gauge interest before going any further. If we have enough interest, I'll reserve a date. I would need payment, 50% or all, when I make the deposit.

So, how about it?

Flyer + 1

Interested........
Never driven a kart before, I'll have to check my shift rota.

My friend went this weekend - Karts are very fast! He got about an hour or so driving for about £59.

He recommends it!

count me in - tentatively
24 sept would be my preference.
not to be a killjoy or anything but I am not interested in the trophy - my trophy room is full up!

I've driven karts at several places and Buckmore Park is the best circuit in the country and the karts are very quick. I would also add that it is quite physical and the last Grand Prix I drove there knackered me out by the fifth race!

Well, I make that five drivers! Not looking good so far. Need at least 20 to allow for some dropping out (min 16, max 30).

Scott, as the dates aren't definite, when are you back? (You always bring a few :p )

Any others? Please copy and add to the list below:

Flyer + 1
nickg
SportsCoupeRich
C240Sport97

I maybe interested, but can I have a more powerful kart than the rest of you, to make up for my large(ish) frame :bannana: :p

I'm away 14 Sep-14 Oct. If it's away from that date range, I can probably bring along 3+ mates.

Tempted.....................maybe :eek: ............................depends on how my shifts work out and other Mercedes related projects. As long as you dont break my ribs again

Sorry guys, but I have the cup to prove it :D :bannana:

On the down hill sections, I recorded speeds of 71 mph, that fast. :eek:
Must get the data sheet out and have a look... :rolleyes:

I could be in for this one .

doriant said:
Sorry guys, but I have the cup to prove it :D :bannana:

On the down hill sections, I recorded speeds of 71 mph, that fast. :eek:
Must get the data sheet out and have a look... :rolleyes:

I could be in for this one .

If you're in, I'm in :bannana:
I bet i can get faster downhill than you, cos I have a bit more 'downhill' weight ;) :p

If weight is an advantage I'm the winner!

Count me in (at the moment)

Flyer + 1
nickg
SportsCoupeRich
C240Sport97
GRAV888
stats007
Ian B Walker
doriant
Billy

Well, I make that 10, excluding Scott and his mates. I'll check with BP today and see whether there are any later dates.

We're still some way off though. Don't want to provisionally book until we get to 20, as there will be people who can't make it at the last minute.

Come on guys and ladies :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom