Karting GTG, Castle Combe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saw the pics from scott - couldn't see yours for some reason.
V8RKY seemed to get a big lead very quickly and then couldn't be caught. Both their drivers were very quick but I think they benefited from less changeovers. Each changeover cost at least a lap...........(not that I'm a bad loser or anything!)

nickg said:
Hmm :confused: Here's a link to a page I've just threw up with the pics on, but not in the same order: Karting Pics . Let me know if there's any problems with that.

nickg said:
V8RKY seemed to get a big lead very quickly and then couldn't be caught. Both their drivers were very quick but I think they benefited from less changeovers. Each changeover cost at least a lap...........(not that I'm a bad loser or anything!)

Howdee... we changed over five times in the actual race... perhaps if we had another driver we wouldn't ache so much... strange how the 2 teams with two drivers came first and last...

I'm sure revenge won't be too far off in the horizon... :D I'm up for another day as that was fantastic!

Cheers RichieR

Last edited:
V8RKY Kicked **** they where so good!! Must be pro's...

When is the next one as the mantel peice needs a new peice of silver.

Great day thanks for the invite

I went to Premier Karting just outside Reading yesterday morning for an end-of-project celebration. About 16 of us all up. Some heats, follwed by racing and a final with the 8 fastest drivers.

I qualified #1 for the final by gaining the highest number of points during the heats and races. Came second in the final. :-( I lost to my boss.

scotth_uk said:
I went to Premier Karting just outside Reading yesterday morning for an end-of-project celebration. About 16 of us all up. Some heats, follwed by racing and a final with the 8 fastest drivers.
Did that format work out better than Sunday's? We have that option for next time.

scotth_uk said:
Came second in the final. :-( I lost to my boss.
Strategic? Prime Minister Howard, meet Mr Latham :D

I liked the endurance event, but once a team gets away, that's the end of the day for most.....

The frantic pace of the event yesterday was great fun, as each race was only 5 laps. If you had one spin during that race you would really have to work hard to gain back the time. As a lot of people won individual races, there was a lot of satisfaction. The 20 lap finale seemed to interest everyone, including the drivers who did not qualify (a surprise to me). You were only out of a cart for about 5 minutes at most, which I think added to the excitement.

And BTW - I did not let my boss win. I was desperately trying to whoop his a55! He got about 8 lengths on me at the start and I just couldn't catch him. He and I are almost exactly the same speed.

We both tried to let our customers/partners do well, but they were just so bad! One of the guys from Cisco was mouthing off about how good he is on a kart, etc., etc. and complaining about the karts when he came in from a heat. He was rather good, but was quickly silenced when my boss and I both whooped him.

All through the morning, I didn't make a single comment about the karts.

Sounds good Scott, think we might do that one then. You aching a bit today then?

Just kidding about letting your boss win ;)

Not sore at all today - the seats on the karts were a lot more comfortable/flexible, and came right up to my shoulder blades.

That sounds like fun... I have done that format before 'every man for himself' with the fastest 8 drivers at the front for the final... I know what you mean about the seats on the Castle coombe carts my back and sides took 3 days to heal!

I'm well up for any further carting events...:)

Cheers RichieR

I like the idea of Buckmore Park (only 500-mile round-trip):

2-hour Mini Grand Prix
Prokarts:
£62* (Jan – Mar)
£69 (Apr – Oct)

Although this may help ...
Buckmore Park said:
Buckmore Park's huge fleet of 13hp twin-engine Prokarts are user-friendly and suitable for novice and experienced competitors alike. With a top speed approaching 70mph, the computer-designed Biz/Sisley chassis incorporate many technical innovations to ensure consistency and reliability.
Hmm, wonder if there would be much interest in this ...

Richie Rich

Yeah richie count me in as well cant wait for the next one. I am still hurting from the event.

Richie :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom