Karting GTG, Castle Combe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
Who fancies a bit of karting? :D

I have been speaking with Castle Combe again about us having a GTG sometime in February. We can do the SkidPan again, but I get the feeling that it's a case of "been there, done that", so, as was mentioned at the time, what about hiring the kart track for the morning/afternoon/all day?

Let me just cover the SkidPan: that is obviously still available for 12 drivers a session, at c.£69 each.

The karting is available in two formats: endurance and grand prix.

Endurance is a team-based event, with a minimum of 6 teams. You can have as many, or as few, drivers per team as you want. For 1.5 hours actual track time, the cost is £150 per team. For 2.5 hours, £210. So, a team of three drivers over 2.5 hours @ £70 each = 50 minutes driving (whether your forearms can stand that is another matter!). I've done several endurance events before and they are massive fun. *Hugely* competitive too ;)

Grand Prix is made up of:
Practice
4 qualifying heats on league basis
Semi-final for every driver
The winner of each semi-final qualifies for the Grand Final, and races for the trophies.

The grand prix event cost is £1225+VAT = £1439.38. The *maximum* number of drivers is 36, which works out at £40 each. Clearly, there's less driving in this format.

Here's my proposal (but only a proposal and would expect other's ideas):

1. Book the skidpan for 12 drivers for the morning session (I'm sure we can rustle up 12 and watching others demolish the scenery was almost as much fun as actually driving :D )

2. Book the endurance karts for the afternoon, giving 2.5 hours track time. Have teams of *three* drivers, but have the drivers randomly selected for the team out of a big hat, *on the day*!

Dates are dependant on many things, but it looks like we could have Sunday 27 February.

So, chaps and chapesses, what do you think? :D

Sounds good to me, Ill be up for the Karting too, but dont mind watching the others have a laugh in the morning on the skid pan! :)

I am interested in the skidpan and the karting.

OK, would you guys prefer the endurance event?

For those that missed the SkidPan last time, here's a link to the original thread.

Count me in .... guys.....
I need some more track time .... :D

Yeah, count me in for whatever .... February far enough away not to think about for now !!

S.

I like the idea of the karting - the skid pan was fun but I wouldnt want to do it again

Is this Castle Combe near bath? I may be up for it depending on dates etc, is the skidpan in your own car or theirs?

I'm up for anything.

Count me in very interested in both the skid pan and karting.

Oh could probably rustle up a couple of others as well.

McGreggor said:
Is this Castle Combe near bath? I may be up for it depending on dates etc, is the skidpan in your own car or theirs?

Yep, Wiltshire. Could be 27 Feb, but need to get a better idea of numbers first. You use their BMW 3 and Rover 200 series cars (think it would be *so* much more fun in your car though ;) ). See this thread for more info.

Guys, are you saying that you would all be happy going along with my original proposal, i.e., Skid Pan in the morning, for 12 drivers that want to do it, followed by *Endurance* karting in the afternoon in teams of three, at £70 each?

and me

Sounds like a plan.... count me in

I'm in :D

The skid pan was great fun, I reckon the karting will be a real hoot :D :cool:

S.

P.S. Dorian: did your video ever make it to production from the last skid pan visit? I seem to recall alot of bystanders by the bus shelter having a laugh at our antics as we slithered around. :devil: :p :D

Yep count me in for karting depending on dates
12th Feb would work really well if at all poss

Last edited:
yep, but most of decmber on holiday, so any other time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom