'KAY' personal plate wanted - help me search?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ah, so the plate may not actually be for sale at all?

i quite like this too:

ALF 222A (its to go on an Alfa).... but would prefer a "kay" plate she can put on future cars etc.

look on ebay yesterday is free listing this the time to find bargains, sometimes if u look even on cars u buy the car for the plate transfer then sell the car off people do not realise some plates have value

since introduction of the new numbering system previous prefix have gone up four fold since newer system is much harder to get to work to make names.

and dateless gone up 10 fold

like MAR10N was bought in 1990s for 10k i think now it is on the market for 75k

it is a good investment the one mentioned earlier i think is a bargain KAY555S it reads KAYS which pretty nice i think

there another auction which online only www.dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/online deadline to register is 3rd of march ikay 4c is in it is online only but do not expect to get for that i would say 1200 is the price it will sell for u need to submit a tender i would register and watch it right until the end and put a big much the same as sniping on ebay, as if u put a big bid early people will bid u up just for fun

Hi

i like; KAY555S and KAY 4C the best.

i'll be bidding on KAY 4C, but at the last minute.

Last edited:
its probably no good to you but i have k19 bet on a retention which i would let go at a very cheap price.

Hi

i've placed my bid - but the bids then rolled on an extra hour because i bid at the last moment i think.... anyway hopefully KAY 4C will be mine :D

i bidded more than i wanted to really but never mind.

otherwise, i've got another in mind.

Good luck to ya

Just had a look at the auction and I really fancy one of the plates coming up: KAY 4C

So I've submitted a proxy bid of one million dollars.

images

Only joking. I hope you get it at the right price. Mrs SS is a lucky bunny.

unfortunatly its gone over my max bid and i'm not going any higher as you still have to cost in VAT and fee....

shame but if i go too far Mrs SS will be annoyed at me for wasting so much on a reg plate, so even though i'd probably go higher if it was just me, she'll see me as wasting money that could have paid for X etc.

i've found another plate - not so expensive (actually very cheap) which i think she'll be easily as happy with:

K7AYP or K444AYP

which is better? 1 more irrelevant number, or 3 '4''s which could be seen as A's. the P on the end is our surname. not as good as KAY 4C but hugely less expensive.

not sure which but only about £280 all in.

derek

Hi

i'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on which of the following plates i have chosen are best;

Her name is Kay and the surname starts with P....

K444+AYP.gif

K8+AYP.gif

K7+AYP.gif

K11+AYP.gif

also, here middle initial is M so also:

K44+YMP.gif

:confused:

If your going for something with K* AYP then get something where the number after the K means something to her.

Last edited:
Of those I'd say K444AYP

Is K444AAY available?

If your going for something with K* AYP then get something where the number after the K means something to her.

ideally i dont want the number, so a number that resembles an A (ie 4) or the least number of numbers would be ideal. Its the 'KAY P' thats the important bit.

i'm leaning towards K444AYP myself.

K444AAY or K444AYY is not available.

K77AAY is available.... looks quite good

If it were to be a gift, how do i get it on the car without her knowing? is this possible? i know i can purchase it and put her down as the "nomonee" but when i go to the DVLA office can I (not being the registered owner of the car) take her v5 and tax disc etc in and get it transferred? also informing insurance company.... or is my only real option to give her the cert of entitlement and her to put it on herself?

Last edited:
OK, this plate looks really good for £250 all in. I think we have a winner.

Looks better without the space, but even with it, still looks good. I want it to stay legal. Saying that i have an "extra" space on mine and never had any problems in about 5 years, even with the MOT.

K444AYP.jpg

:rock:

A good choice, certainly no doubting what it says, and an excellent price.

I've done a similar thing twice now, and on both occassions I just got the plates made up - admittedly this is more complex with the latest rules, but show plates would do - and wrapped them up. You could always pop the plates on the car, and when you need to use the cars remove the 'new' plates until transfer is complete. Doesn't take long these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom