Keep eye out for misappropriated E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
Car stolen just six hours after it was bought for £45k | Central - ITV News

"A property developer has appealed for help to track down his high-end new car after it was stolen from a Birmingham car park – just six hours after he had bought it for £45,000.

Mark Hamilton - who lives in Northern Ireland - bought the Mercedes E63 AMG car from a dealer near London on Monday.

The car was driven to Birmingham on his behalf and was due to be loaded on to a lorry to be taken to Northern Ireland yesterday.

But it was stolen from the Chiquito restaurant car park, on the Hagley Road, between 8pm and 8.30pm on Monday night.

To make matters even worse, Mr Hamilton has been told that there will be no insurance payout because the vehicle was not under the custody or control of the policy holder.

Mr Hamilton flew into Birmingham today to speak to police about the theft of the 2013-plated car, which is worth more than £75,000 when bought brand new."

Hmmm I wonder how it was taken?

Not knowing all the circumstances, but I'd be p!ssed if my new toy was outside a restaurant at that time of night.

Somebody who has access to ordering new keys and has access to theft relevant parts is probably the person most likely involved. Somebody who works at a main dealer. Just my opinion.

If it was my car I would first be asking how many keys had been issued to the car and if any replacement keys had ever been ordered.

So is this the transport company stopping off for a bite to eat?

Definitely something wrong with this, and the more I look the more it seems like an inside job.

These cars are not easy to steal, in fact nearly impossible unless you have the (or at least a) key in your possession. The fact that someone (who he's used before apparently) drove it up from London and left it in a restaurant car park, presumably whilst having a meal, doesn't ring true to me. Also, why is there no insurance? If I were to entrust mine to anyone to be delivered somewhere I'd be making sure that they had a fully comprehensive policy in place.

As mercedescl500 says up there, ^^ the keys would be the first thing to be looked at, followed by the delivery driver I'd have thought...

This has inside job written all over it. If it was a BMW M1 I'd say unlucky because that's been all over the news about how easy they are to steal.

Infact it was on an episode of Watchdog. They had a BMW, an Audi and a Range Rover. Worst one was the Range Rover. Granted it was unlocked but it took the thief armed with nothing more than a laptop and an OBD lead the sum total of 12 seconds to start the car. !!!!

Last edited:
working in insurance albeit for financial institutions not cars I don't believe that this would not constitute a pay out, they are just trying to play games.

As for the transport company surely they would have professional indemnity insurance as well as public liability insurance to cover them for any accidents/damage etc

Must of been set up, most probably by the transporters.

Suspicions on the details of the theft aside, I feel so sorry for the Mark H. who was undoubtedly giddy with excitement, boring his wife to death talking about it and watching YouTube videos days in advance of it's arrival, then he gets this news and his heart sinks, then he's in a blind panic as there started to be doubts over it's insurance status.

Poor bloke, what come down from a massive high to depression inducing anxiety.

I feel for Mark, I don't understand why it was unattended by the guy who dropped it off without handing over did he leave the key on the front drivers side wheel or on the seat, whoever was in charge of the car pays not Mark as he hadn't received it. I think as many of you are saying INSIDE JOB.

Don't the transport company have "Goods in Transit" insurance ?

Definitely something wrong with this, and the more I look the more it seems like an inside job.

These cars are not easy to steal, in fact nearly impossible unless you have the (or at least a) key in your possession.

Hmmm....not so sure about that, and C Class was the no2 most stolen model in 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom