Keep Getting Locked in my Car (Safety Issue)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dosh1962

Car
CLS350
CLS 350d
9000 miles

Hi Folks,

Hoping you can solve a mystery for me. I bought my car last year and had it for a week when it suddenly locked me inside. The engine was running, but I was sitting stationary in the drive on the phone to a pal. When I went to get out, I turned off the engine but the door wouldn't open. None of the doors. I tried the unlock button, I turned the power on and off again and tried to open the door. Then when that didn't work, I lowered the window and tried to reach out and open the door to no avail. I then took out the key and tried to unlock the door from the inside with the button on the fob. When that failed, I withdrew the actual key from the fob, opened the window and inserted it into the lock. This worked and I left it at that.

But since then it's happened again and again, and multiple times thereafter. It only seems to occur when I'm sitting stationary for about 15-20 mins on a call. Funny thing is, it's never happened to my wife and she thinks I'm doing something stupid. I had the car over at Mercedes in Grangemouth for a week and they told me that they can't find any fault.

So, I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out why this keeps happening. I love the car, but it's a safety concern that's souring it for me and I'm thinking of trading it in.

Thanks,

Dosh

Pretty sure the only way the interior door levers won't open a door is if the car has been double locked (so thieves cant break a window an reach in to open the doors) and usually one can only double lock the car from outside..

Pretty sure the only way the interior door levers won't open a door is if the car has been double locked (so thieves cant break a window an reach in to open the doors) and usually one can only double lock the car from outside..
Thanks for the response. It must be something I'm doing unknowingly. It happened earlier today. I stopped by Kwikfit for a new tyre and was stuck inside. Thing is, I'm only using the unlock on the fob once to get inside the car and then the central locking engages when I drive away. It's a strange thing. I haven't toggled any settings or anything like that and it keeps happening to only myself. I'll get to my destination and then, I'm locked in.

Do you if there's anything I can do to make sure I'm not double locking the car?

Cheers.

Where’s the key when it happens? Does your wife use the same key or a different key? Have you tried using your spare key for a few weeks to see if it continues?

I believe you can disable the auto lock, it won't solve the issue but it'll stop you getting locked in

Unlikely to be the auto lock as that wouldn't double lock it.

Sounds more like he has the key on his pocket and the lock button is being pressed (although that shouldn't be possible if the car identifies they key is in the car).

Swap keys with the Mrs as it could be yours is intermittently not identifying itself and the keyless go then thinks you have left the car and it locks it.

Unlikely to be the auto lock as that wouldn't double lock it.

Sounds more like he has the key on his pocket and the lock button is being pressed (although that shouldn't be possible if the car identifies they key is in the car).
If it has keyless go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom