Keep it or trade again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xcaliba

Car
E220 AMG Line Estate
I currently have a 2014 E250 CDI AMG Sport estate. I got it in 2017 on PCP which expires in 6 months. GFV is £6200. The car is fully loaded, has done 55K miles and is absolutely immaculate (see post on 2 hours polishing with Carnuba!). My only gripe with the car is the noise on motorways (19 inch Pirelli Sports fitted), I love everything else but I think I want the air suspension and I lust after the digital dash. From what I can see online, I could get around £10.5K on a private sale.

If I hang on and trade up on a PCP, I reckon I'll be lucky to get £2K towards the next one but if I decide to buy it once the PCP expires, I probably wont get as good a deal from a dealer for the next one.

Grateful for advice on best way forward; keep it and run it?, trade up on the PCP? or buy it and P/X with a new dealer.

Thanks

Last edited:
Keeping it. Will change tyres to Goodyears when they are needed. Finally bit the bullet and had the alloys refurbed this week too.

Attachments

• IMG_1031.jpeg
    IMG_1031.jpeg
    861.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1032.jpeg
    IMG_1032.jpeg
    924.4 KB · Views: 30
Keeping it. Will change tyres to Goodyears when they are needed. Finally bit the bullet and had the alloys refurbed this week too.
Always nice to have the alloys immaculate 👍

If I may ask, where did you have it done, how much, what colour did you go for, and how is the quality really close up?

Another vote for Eagle F1s here as well.

If I may ask, where did you have it done, how much, what colour did you go for, and how is the quality really close up?

Done by Custom alloys | Classic Coatings Ltd in Grantham. I asked that the wheels looked exactly as per original and they do. Cost me £80 a wheel plus VAT.

You can zoom in and have a look. I'm really pleased.

Attachments

• 984c94cd-58e3-47e4-a02a-dbe7bddb1d0d.jpg
    984c94cd-58e3-47e4-a02a-dbe7bddb1d0d.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 50
  • ab01e5bd-3a4c-41f6-adab-1c8c7b1f8620.jpg
    ab01e5bd-3a4c-41f6-adab-1c8c7b1f8620.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 50
Loving the car and wheels buddy ...pristine !

what a lovely looking car and just over 6k, a good deal I would think, especially as you have had the car from new and know everything about it.

Failed miserably in my efforts to be sensible and keep the car. Just bought a 2019 E220 AMG Line Estate in the same colour but with all the bells and whistles including the full digital dash. Picking it up on Monday. Once I transfer the plate I'm hoping the Mrs won't notice! :rolleyes: Got a fantastic deal from Listers in Lincoln.

Failed miserably in my efforts to be sensible and keep the car. Just bought a 2019 E220 AMG Line Estate in the same colour but with all the bells and whistles including the full digital dash. Picking it up on Monday. Once I transfer the plate I'm hoping the Mrs won't notice! :rolleyes: Got a fantastic deal from Listers in Lincoln.
As nice as your motor was, once you get an idea in your head, about a change, it's hard to shake, the digi-dash is brilliant, does it have the ambient lighting too? :cool: :)👍

As nice as your motor was, once you get an idea in your head, about a change, it's hard to shake, the digi-dash is brilliant, does it have the ambient lighting too? :cool: :)👍
Oh yes, and the pano roof, burmeister, 360 cam and self parking. Only slight negative is it has brand new run flats fitted. I'll change them next year probably.

Oh yes, and the pano roof, burmeister, 360 cam and self parking. Only slight negative is it has brand new run flats fitted. I'll change them next year probably.
Wow, the full Monty, all the stuff I like, sounds like a brilliant motor, pics please when you get it. :cool: :)👍

Spot on about once you get the idea in your head to change, it’s hard to shake off. The full bells and whistle one should have the ambient lighting.

Probably 19s no.

I'm hoping the Mrs won't notice! :rolleyes: Got a fantastic deal from Listers in Lincoln.

Just tell the better half you got a new sat nav fitted if she questions the digi dash.

Glad you got the car you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom