Keeping a silver chauffeur car clean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozthecoz

HI,

what process do people recommend for getting a silver E class sparkling and then more importantly keeping it sparkling without the use of the local hand car wash when its covering 1k miles plus a week as a chauffeur car ?

its 3 yr old car and has never been detailed / washed properly before though it has been kept clean so isnt in bad condition

Dave

Apply a decent quality wax and most of the dirt will rinse off easily. Apply some to the wheels as well to make the brake dust easier to get off. Silver hides dirt very well which is why most chauffeurs choose it. There are some good hand car washes about though so don't worry too much. You will probably end up using them on the fly anyway at some point. Is the car garaged?

hello! I too have a E Class and use it mainly for Airport runs/ long distance. i used Zaino Z-aio then Z2 followed by Z6 Spray and its never looked so Good and its so easy to clean now. You wont regret it on Silver!!:thumb:

cheers for the replies.

I intend as soon as the weather is half decent to claybar it then start afresh so ill check out the Zaino stuff Johny

You wont regret it! its the best ive used so far! Ive spent a fortune on other stuff Too!!

A real good decontamination process - prewash, wash, tar & fallout remover, claybar and final rinse. If you don't plan to machine polish, then imo use a mild clay as they can marr the paintwork. You can use a nice glaze like Poorboys White Diamond & top it off with 2 thin layers of decent wax. You can top your wax up monthly with another layer.

Take the wheels off and clean then the same way. Use a sealant or rim wax on front and back and it will make it a whole lot easier to clean.

TFR/Tar remover/wheel cleaner will strip wax. Use them when you plan to apply protection.
Use proper car shampoo/cleaner any other time.A quick detailer spray after you regular wash will remove any water marks and create a glossier 'just waxed' look

hope this helps

Damien

Try using Swissvax it will make your car shine and keep it clean compared to other waxes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom