Keeping Bodywork top condition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris3004

Car
Mercedes E200 W124
Hi

I have unfortunately been put in a circumstance where I will have to leave my car outside exposed to the environment, parked and not driving for a long period of time.

Can anyone help me out on the best OUTDOOR covers to purchase in order to keep the car in top notch.

Thank you

Hi Chris,

I have used three different outdoor covers over the last 6 years and I have found the current one the best so far. It is the Ultimate Outdoor Cover from Classic Additions. It is breathable yet keeps the car dry in the rain. I've found covers don't last that long but when I need to replace it, I'll buy the same one again.

Antony

I got a "Stormforce" from carcovers.co.uk, bit pricey at £160 but seems good, breathable and waterproof and you can buy an option looking kit to make it a bit more tedious for the would be thief...

Will it be off road? If so, have you considered something like this, useable for other things once it has done it's duty? Protex 1 Aluminium 4.5 Metre x 3 Metre Instant Shelter | Surf & Turf Instant Shelters Quite a lot more money but has the benefit of you being to work on/clean the car and once finished using it as a garage, it can be used in the garden, temporary workshop/shelter or sold easily on Ebay. Just a thought.

I use a Covercraft Weathershield HP for the 124. Stays on up to 4 months at a time and works well. No micro blisters. Its not too bulky to store when not in use

Giantvanman, just parked outside my house. Not going to be driving it. Thank you all for sharing i'm going to look into them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom