Keeping calm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rex-Mac

Car
W212 E250 CDi
Sometimes keeping calm pays off in unexpected ways.

One day last year my good lady texted me to say she was stuck at work and could I call in at the supermarket to pick up something quick for dinner.

On my way home I called in at the supermarket and grabbed something quick and tasty in a hand basket. Making my way to the only open check out a lady with a mountainous trolley barged in front of me. I said and did nothing, just bided my time, I was in no rush.

A positively beautiful young lady was immediately behind me and she voiced her anger at what had happened. I explained I was in no rush at all and besides, the mountainous trolley woman had given me the opportunity to exchange a few pleasant moments conversation with a lovely young lady - therefore I was in fact the benefactor of the other lady's greed.

While I was placing my purchases in the car the young lady came up and planted a kiss on my cheek and said - "Thank you, I've learned a lot tonight" turned and walked away.

She may have learned something but I felt really good.

...the young lady came up and planted a kiss on my cheek and said - "Thank you, I've learned a lot tonight"...

...does this happen often? :D

Nice tale though, thanks for sharing.

Sad to say this is not a regular feature of my life and nor did I "cop a feel" - I just went on my way feeling good about myself which has got to be worth a whole lot more ;)

I am surprised her care worker didn't step in.:D

or

Bet she told her mates in the pub that night how she made an old guy go REALLY red. :D

or "I just went on my way feeling myself.":fail Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Seriously though, a very nice gesture on her part.

For extra karma can you confirm that you saw the monsterous woman overturn her trolly full of crap in the car park.

Wow, a similar thing happened to me.

One day last year the Dragon texted me to say she was in the pub and could I call in at the supermarket to pick up something quick for dinner.

On my way home I called in at the supermarket and grabbed something quick and tasty in a hand basket. Making my way to the only open check out a positively beautiful young lady with a mountainous trolley barged in front of me. I said and did nothing, just bided my time, I was in no rush.

A frail old lady with grotesque facial hair and warts was immediately behind me and she voiced her anger at what had happened. I explained I was in no rush at all and besides, the beautiful mountainous trolley woman had given me the opportunity to exchange a few pleasant moments conversation with an old lady - therefore I was in fact the benefactor of the other lady's greed.

While I was placing my purchases in the car the old lady came up and planted a kiss on my cheek and said - "Thank you, I've learned a lot tonight" turned and walked away.

She may have learned something but I copped a really good feel as she turned to walk away.

Simon, there were no attempts at humour prior to your post so I don't understand.
I do enjoy humour but maybe I have a different interpretation of humour.

Wow, just read the whole of this thread and it appears as a modern movie, full of Sexual innuendo AND Violence.........and amongst it all some degree of entertainment:D

For what its worth, keyboard warrior or otherwise, I too would have got out the car and 'fronted the cyclist ;)

ATB

Wow, just read the whole of this thread and it appears as a modern movie, full of Sexual innuendo AND Violence.........and amongst it all some degree of entertainment:D

For what its worth, keyboard warrior or otherwise, I too would have got out the car and 'fronted the cyclist ;)

ATB

I hope the cyclist used the till with the cyle lane. ;)

This thread is becoming bizarre - I can't help but feel my childish post sent it on a downward spiral!

Downward spirals are good , these mental threads make for good reading.

That's why this forum is so good , there's lots of good humour and piss taking , it's not all 'My flux capacitor is broken and I'm stuck in 1985 , how do I fix it ?'

I can send you the WIS document for that ;)

keep-calm-and-carry-on-my-wayward-son-3.jpg

This thread is becoming bizarre - I can't help but feel my childish post sent it on a downward spiral!

A downward spiral is a spring, cars have springs, Mercedes Benz is a car, this is a Mercedes Benz forum, now sign up to EE 4g.

TBH i may have confused things more by reading one thread, then another....then posting ........on the wrong one..:D

Silly me....:cool:

Thanks for the giggle guys, really made my day - it sure pays to be cool in moments of extreme aggro - here in SA you could end up being shot dead:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom