Keeping Paint Warranty - Indie Servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
Hi All,

Looking for some advice.

My 211 is due a C service in the next two weeks. I really want to take it to BSG for this and other maintenance as Stuart really knows his stuff.

BUT I want to keep the paint warranty going (especially after my second C43 started fizzing every time it rained......).

So can I just take the car into MB once an year or wherever for a bodywork inspection to keep the paint warranty going and get the actual servicing done at BSG?

And where would this leave me with Mobilo? (not that I am actually sure what Mobilo actually is.....)

Note the car is a 2005 with FMBSH up till now.

Last edited:
My understanding is that they will stop Mobilo (i.e. breakdown cover)..

Paint warranty is a little more vague as plenty have had claims authorised on cars that have has little or no MB servicing whereas others have been refused.
Id check with your dealer as it seems to be pretty arbitrary.

I suspect MB will be more generous on a rust claim with a car with full MB service history compared to a car without full MB service history

My understanding is that they will stop Mobilo (i.e. breakdown cover)..

Paint warranty is a little more vague as plenty have had claims authorised on cars that have has little or no MB servicing whereas others have been refused.
Id check with your dealer as it seems to be pretty arbitrary.

Thanks Jay.

As I have free AA cover through my bank and always take out additional European travel cover when driving through France it doesn't sound like Mobilo is valuable to me.

I'm going to drop in to MB Park Royal to see the paint warranty guy on Friday to see what he has to say.

I suspect MB will be more generous on a rust claim with a car with full MB service history compared to a car without full MB service history

You are probably right......

Meanwhile I'll take it round to Fourways (the best paint shop round my way) for a health check to see if they can spot anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom