Keith Fletcher?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Perhaps somebody knows somebody who may be interested?

Going on holiday soon so need some funds! :)

Classic 500SEL Ebay Link

Nice looking car and a good description Jimmy.

Just wondering, are you aware that you could have listed the same auction twice, rather than listing two seperate auctions? I know the titles differ *slightly*, but may save you some time and money, as well as having more bids on one auction, rather than a few scattered bids in each? ;)

Just a thought, and if you aren't aware of how to do that (if you wanted to!), just ask!

Good Luck,

Cheers,

Will

Yes, I tried to list in a 2nd category but it would not allow me to list in the 2 categories that I wanted. I wanted Cars by Brand>Mercedes and Automotive>Cherished Numbers but you cannot list in these 2, or at least TurboLister won't let you.I know it is a messy way of doing it but could not see how else to do it.

Hi Jimmy,

Try the following:

Sign in to your ebay account.

Select the "my ebay" link at the top of the screen.

Select the item you are selling (ie, the car in this example)

When your listing appears, click on the "Revise your item" link at the top of the screen.

Click "Continue"

Scroll down and click on the blue text on the RHS of the screen that reads "Add second category"

Scroll down to the category of your choice (eg, cherished numbers)

Click on save changes.

Once you have sucessfully listed the item in both categories, you can cancel the other auction. This should hopefully concentrate all bidding in the one auction, and give you less grief of having to email everybody concerned in the other auction, and cancel all their bids before ending the auction etc etc.

You can even edit (or totally change) as little or as much of the title and auction listing as you wish, providing you do this before people bid!

HTH,

Any problems - let us know! :)

Cheers,

Will

Will, thanks for your help but it is not possible.

Ebay will not allow the 2 categories I want, believe me I have tried everything including revising and adding a 2nd Category. I thought you could have any 2 categories you wanted but it would seem not.

Oh, strange! :confused:

It seems to work for another auction of mine? I am selling a motorbike through a family member's account and it let me step through all the revisions to add a second category! Even found 'Cherished Numbers'?!? :)

Maybe it is a car-prejudice thing? :rolleyes: Mercedesism! :p

Good luck anyway,

Cheers,

Will

P.S, I didn't try the Lexus as it has bids on it!

I can find the second category, it lists all categories but when you submit it, it won't allow it to save it.

Oh well,

Perhaps wait until one of the auctions receives bids, and then cancel the other! ;)

Cheers,

Will

You could also see which one has the most people watching it and then cancel the other on that basis ! (quite like that feature :))

S.

Jimmy, did you recieve the pics of my engine bay for you to sort out the vac pipes??

jaymanek said:
Jimmy, did you recieve the pics of my engine bay for you to sort out the vac pipes??

Jay, No I did not get them. It runs very well despite this, just occasionally a bit reluctant to pick-up but once it gets going it's a bit of a monster.

If you have them then email them to me, but dont put yourself out.

hmmm thats very strange, your dad gave me a piece of paper with your btinternet account iirc... I will post them up tonight...

Thanks

Jay

Hehe, that's not my dad!!

Email them to my work address, (myname) at expressparts.co.uk

He said he was your dad!! Actually he said "Jimmys my son"

Anyway, getting off topic!

Non payer!

The car sold on ebay on Monday evening, the winning bidder has made it clear that she does not intend to buy the car. :devil: She thought it was a different model?? Did I not make it clear that it was a 500SEL???FFS

Ebay seem, slow and reluctant to help, I am well out of pocket for listing fees, final value fees etc and I have lost time, this should have been sold.

Turns out it did not get any way near what I was hoping/expecting. Ebay make it quite clear that a winning bid is legally binding, what are the chances of upholding this?

I am thinking I would be wasting my time and effort and should just put it down to bad experience and try again.

I suspect the winning bidder is a kid messing about. :mad:

Just a tip for future - if I get any leading bids on ebay for anything above eg £50 from user with feedback of '0' I always send an email explaining that unless they contact me to confirm understanding & intentions etc I will remove their bid. So far so good . . .

I think you should press ebay re listing fees etc as the buyer has pulled out - they dont like you contacting the next down bidders etc so they should allow relist absolutey free of charge - they made BILLIONS profit last year :eek:

jimmy said:
The car sold on ebay on Monday evening, the winning bidder has made it clear that she does not intend to buy the car. :devil: She thought it was a different model?? Did I not make it clear that it was a 500SEL???FFS

Ebay seem, slow and reluctant to help, I am well out of pocket for listing fees, final value fees etc and I have lost time, this should have been sold.

Turns out it did not get any way near what I was hoping/expecting. Ebay make it quite clear that a winning bid is legally binding, what are the chances of upholding this?

I am thinking I would be wasting my time and effort and should just put it down to bad experience and try again.

I suspect the winning bidder is a kid messing about. :mad:
Can't we all bombard her with 100's of emails? :devil:

Jimmy,

Sorry to hear about your hassle!

Have you considered offering the car to the next bidder down (£20 less). I suppose it depends on how much you were expecting the car to reach, and how much you are willing to take for it?

Seems like it is a season for timewasters at the moment! I was messed around with the Lexus at first, but luckily didn't fall foul of the zero-rated bidder syndrome.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when selling larger items on ebay I tend to put a note at the bottom of the listing stating that bidders with less than 10 feedback should email their full name, address and landline telephone number before bidding.

Has worked in the past for me.

Good luck if you re-list it,

Cheers,

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom