Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think any scap merchant buying the plaques from the war memorials are as bad as the scum taking them. 5 year min sentence clearing mines with a broom.

There can't be that many places buying cats, war memorials, lead & other stolen metal.

Seems pretty obvious if you hammer the few receivers of these items, thus closing the market, it'll slow it down considerably.

What they'll do is smelt it straight away so there's no evidence though and this is the problem the police have.

The thieves are smelting bronze & catalytic converters?

we have a lot of these problems near to where i live, however it doesn't seam to big on such a scale. not much is safe, we have had tv aerials taken and drain covers etc. i do have to say the police have dealt with it quite well in recent years and its not to bad now.

A partial solution to stop the "easy" cash - scrap merchants to pay in cheque?
At least it will leave some trail, and if a transaction is above board (legal) then there shouldn't be any complaints.
Yep, I know it's the real world..................................................

A lot of smaller scrap yards / dealers are from the gene pool.

Next time phone the police tell them your an immigrant ethnic (do the accent) and say you fear its a racial attack on your home. If there's a pause, tell them your worried as you found a few poppies in the garden.

Can you keep an eye out for this boat ?

BRAZEN metal thieves stole a seven-tonne boat from outside a pub as drinkers and passersby looked on..."The only description we can work with was the driver who appeared to be in charge of the job. He was around six foot tall, of big build and spoke with an Irish accent." :rolleyes:

Can you keep an eye out for this boat ?

BRAZEN metal thieves stole a seven-tonne boat from outside a pub as drinkers and passersby looked on..."The only description we can work with was the driver who appeared to be in charge of the job. He was around six foot tall, of big build and spoke with an Irish accent." :rolleyes:

"They brought along a white transit van to transport the team and used a large winch to draw the boat onto the truck."

Getting a 7 tonne boat on the back of a Transit pickup is good going even for the pikeys.

I loved it a few years back when they built a new site over a bank holiday weekend, right next to the home of some toffy nosed MP. The useless cow with a pearl necklace (sorry. Cant remember name)
They prepaired the whole field in 2 days including drainage.

Its a shame they are selfish dirty theiving lowlifes as they do work hard with inititive when it suits them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom