Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
All

I live in Kent. Over the past two weeks we have seen a big increase in thefts from gardens, yards etc. The latest attack saw my neighbour having a load of RSG's loaded into the back of a white transit van. This was followed the next day by the theft of two motorbike engines.

Last night I found somebody on our property pretending to be a tree. In the pitch darkness he nearly succeeded. Dogs were going potty so I went out with a torch and lit him up. He was off like a good un down the drive and up the road.

We have also had reported thefts of fuel from heating tanks, tractors and cars. Theft of the actual tractors & cars.

The Police are unwilling to attend ( I suspect due to their now very apparent and public reduction in numbers) and to be fair what can they do apart from flash some blues as a deterrent.

So if you are living in North Kent. Be aware.

When people steal from War memorials then nothing is safe any more. What Scum !

Yep scum everywhere-not just opportunists but organised scum.
Just remember reasonable force!!!:thumb:

Thanks from a fellow North Kent resident - drawbridge being raised!

The Police are unwilling to attend ( I suspect due to their now very apparent and public reduction in numbers) and to be fair what can they do apart from flash some blues as a deterrent.

They could try something really radical such as taking statements, noting what had been stolen, looking for evidence, checking for finger and shoe prints etc. etc. It used to be called old-fashioned policing.

If these incidents had taken place in the Chief Constable's neighbourhood I wonder if they'd have been unwilling to attend ? Don't confuse talk of reduced numbers (have Kent or any other UK force actually seen a significant reduction in the number of front-line officers yet ?) with a can't-be-bothered attitude to policing.

They could try something really radical such as taking statements, noting what had been stolen, looking for evidence, checking for finger and shoe prints etc. etc. It used to be called old-fashioned policing.

If these incidents had taken place in the Chief Constable's neighbourhood I wonder if they'd have been unwilling to attend ? Don't confuse talk of reduced numbers (have Kent or any other UK force actually seen a significant reduction in the number of front-line officers yet ?) with a can't-be-bothered attitude to policing.

Well either way they do not want to come out. I got a nice lady telling me that they would see if they had any patrols in the area that could keep an eye on things.

Watch how quick they'd turn up if you waved a licened shotgun at one of the diddy's whilst protecting you family and property.

Not only in Kent.Yesterday I had someone knock on the door who's name meant to be John asking if I wanted him to sort out my drive witch is none wrong with it but he said it could do with a jet wash

As it was geting dark this was back and I caught him pulling the cover of my car,his excuse was he wondered what car it was

Watch how quick they'd turn up if you waved a licened shotgun at one of the diddy's whilst protecting you family and property.

I've often wondered on similar matters.

You spot someone on your property, or actually breaking in. You phone the Police. You say "I've just spotted an intruder". What would happen?

Or do you say "I've just shot an intruder". Now what would happen?

Probably death or something worse???

"tou don't have anyone to send? Right, I'll deal withit myself then"

And hang up

Guys, what areas are north kent?, dont worry im not a pikey but I do live in aylesford kent is this classed as north kent

Probably death or something worse???

A friend of my father did this very thing in Sussex.

He was licenced antique arms dealer and held all the appropriate licences for import and sales as well as just ownership.

Two men broke into his house, He shot them both (not fatally) I think it was in the legs, with a shotgun.

The police and an ambulance were called, the two guys were taken away and nothing else was ever heard. He moved to the Isle of Man not much longer after this.

We always suspected this chap was more than just an antique weapons dealer, he had a little too much money (actually far too much money) to be just dealing in what his business purported to be. It was suspected he was involved in arms dealing on a wider nature (in a Nicholas Cage Lord of War type arrangements).

Last edited:
Guys, what areas are north kent?, dont worry im not a pikey but I do live in aylesford kent is this classed as north kent

Its the bit just above South Kent ;^)

Did I not see that you had a lucky horseshow and some heather draped of your C63 at the recent Bluewater GTG?

I think anything above the M20 is considered North. Recognisable as having virtuall no copper cable left.

You think you've got it bad ? They've upped the game to stealing catalytic converters up here in Bradford. Middle of the night and under your vehicle with a cordless saw. They seem to be targeting Mercedes Sprinters and other big vans because they are easier to get under but also did the 4x4's on the forecourt at a local Suzuki dealer. These scum will actually shut someone's business down for about £50

Wibsey man's business harmed by catalytic converter theft (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

Burglars target catalytic converters (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

Last edited:
This is not good for. Believe it or not I live in kent but commute to Copley & Pudsey / Leeds every week. I have no chance.

You think you've got it bad ? They've upped the game to stealing catalytic converters up here in Bradford. Middle of the night and under your vehicle with a cordless saw. They seem to be targeting Mercedes Sprinters and other big vans because they are easier to get under but also did the 4x4's on the forecourt at a local Suzuki dealer. These scum will actually shut someone's business down for about £50

They had one off a work colleagues 4X4 in our overspill carpark...£1300 for a new exhaust.

There can't be that many places buying cats, war memorials, lead & other stolen metal.

Seems pretty obvious if you hammer the few receivers of these items, thus closing the market, it'll slow it down considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom