Kenwood head unit in W208 clk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

btx5mb

Car
CLK 320 convertible
Hi all

I could someone please tell me if a kenwood KDC 4551ub head unit will fit stright into my, W 208 CLK 320, which is a 2000 year. Or will it need a harness. I was told not but this was by halfords.

Many Thanks Pete

No the car has ISO so no harness. You may need to wire in a switched live feed though, which can be taken from the cigarette lighter.

I fitted a kenwood d/din into my C208, it went straight in, I used the same gps that was there from my comand, and I have the steering controls enabled.

What you may need to locate is a switched power as the radio feed currently will be perm and not switched

Hi all

I could someone please tell me if a kenwood KDC 4551ub head unit will fit stright into my, W 208 CLK 320, which is a 2000 year. Or will it need a harness. I was told not but this was by halfords.

Many Thanks Pete

Hi Pete,

Your kenwood KDC 4551ub is almost identical to my 455uw so I know it will fit. If you don't already have a harness adaptor you can buy one from halfords for about £20, you will also need an aerial adaptor for about £5.

You do not need to tap into the cig lighter for a switched wire.
In the recess where the head unit fits there is a red wire hidded away, you just need to rummage around to find it.
The red wire in the kenwood harness adaptor can be split it can then be plugged staight into the cars red wire.

The whole job can be done in 5 mins.

Thanks for all your help, fitted the Kenwood today, and working fine. once more many thanks. Pete

Where did you get the switched feed Pete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom