Kerbed it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigSilverEstate

Car
2011 E350cdi Sport Estate, and the wife's car: 2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0tdi
It had to happen. After 3 months of ultra cautious parking, wing mirror down every time, managed to scrape the front o/s wheel on the kerb steering to drive away. Was obviously angled in and misjudged the position of the wheel relative to the pavement.

So as well as my pride taking a knock it looks fairly ugly - paint scraped off about 4" round the edge , though fortunately I don't seem to have gouged too much out of the wheel itself.

Anyone have any recommendations for mobile refurbs that would come to Greenwich, or would you avoid the mobile ones altogether? I have seen a number if recommendations on here for Lepsons who are not too far away, but I don't mind forking out an extra £15-20 if it saves me spending half a Saturday in Gillingham.

Would a MB dealer be outrageously expensive as I need to go in to get my maps updated anyway?

If diamomd cut then it will never be the same. Have a scrape on one of my 19" wheels and have decided to live with it, but your scrape soudns worse.
Kamal

It had to happen. After 3 months of ultra cautious parking, wing mirror down every time, managed to scrape the front o/s wheel on the kerb steering to drive away. Was obviously angled in and misjudged the position of the wheel relative to the pavement.

So as well as my pride taking a knock it looks fairly ugly - paint scraped off about 4" round the edge , though fortunately I don't seem to have gouged too much out of the wheel itself.

Anyone have any recommendations for mobile refurbs that would come to Greenwich, or would you avoid the mobile ones altogether? I have seen a number if recommendations on here for Lepsons who are not too far away, but I don't mind forking out an extra £15-20 if it saves me spending half a Saturday in Gillingham.

Would a MB dealer be outrageously expensive as I need to go in to get my maps updated anyway?

did the same - went to my mb dealer - £60 to repair and mine are diamond cut - i saw a diamond cut refurb by them while i was getting it checked for and the result was mint! i was - but i guess depends how bad the damage is

I know the first one always hurts but it happens so don't beat yourself! You also have to be sensible and ask yourself, "am I going to refurb everytime I kerb it? " Sleep over it and wait for another one or 2 to get damaged and then think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom