Kerbed my wheel!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gklau

Car
C180K Avantagarde SE
I'm on-call tonight so I've got time to spare!

Well, I was driving to work tonight at around 8:00pm in Leicester and the weather was horrendous. None of the gritters were out and the road were slicked over with ice. As soon as I left my underground parking, I encountered a slight incline, but because of the ice, the ESP (I assume) cut out the power to my wheels so I began sliding backwards. So I flipped off the ESP and put the auto into winter mode and flipped the transmission into 2nd gear. I did fine until I reached the hospital and encountered an even steeper hill! Cars queued up behind me and I started slipping backwards,

In panic, I revved the engine to redline a couple (actually more like 5 or 6) of times, fishtailed the car into the curb (twice) :mad: , but I eventually made it over the hill.

I didn't redline the engine for more than 5 seconds each time, but the worrying thing is that I smelt some burning inside the cabin. Have I done permanent damage to the engine?

The wheel actually doesn't look bad, I only scraped the lacquer off the edge of the wheel adjacent to the tires. I know that there is a tread about repairing kerbed wheels, but to those who had them repaired by the dealer, how long will I be without the car? :crazy:

This looks like wheel and tyre section stuff to me, moving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom