Kerbed wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sweetafton

SUPPORTER
Car
C63s AMG W205
So just kerbed my rear wheel. It’s the 5 spoke. So where do I get a new one from? Main dealer or somewhere else? What an original one. Will then get my one repaired and keep for spare. Anyone know how much they are? Can’t believe it I’m gutted but at least I can get it sorted. It’s for a W205 4 door saloon.
Thanks in advance guys.
James

Oh and another question. What is the measurements. I know it’s a 19” wheel with a 265/19/35 on it but what are the other numbers? Thanks guys.

Why not just get it refurbished?

Thanks guys.
If I got it refurbished they need the wheel for 2 days. It’s diamond cut and painted. Also I’m down in weymouth and the nearest and best place is an hour and a half away.
Any one got the number for MB Grangemouth?
Thanks guys

I would sit down before you get a price for a genuine MB alloy wheel :eek:

If you take the damaged one off, the part No. is cast into the back of one of the spokes.
And the size/width/offset

No need, it's 9.5J ET56.

Just be careful you don't buy the version designed for the coupe as that's wider with a lower offset and won't fit.

Thought the part No. will be good to help find a matching one.

OP, I know you're set on buying a new wheel but it will be costly. My guess around £800 to £1k for your car.

Why not, as others have suggested, get it refurbished? I had to have a nearly new AMG diamond cut wheel refurbed and after it was fimished I really couldn't tell the difference.

There must be wheel repairers in your area that are used to picking up wheels and returning them finished. OK, you'll lose the use of your car for a couple of days but maybe it's manageable.

When I had my wheels refurbished, they fitted temporarily wheels (complete with tyres, obviously...) to the car so I could drive it around while my wheels were worked on.

Also, I did initially buy an original identical wheel second-hand off eBay, the idea was to have it refurbished then swap with the kerbed wheel. So this is another option - second hand wheels are rarely immaculate, but they are quite cheap and good candidates for refurbishment.

As things stand, I now have 5 good identical wheels, so I carry a full-size spare :)

Last edited:
IMG_20190326_102255-1036x777.jpg Here is my 19x8.5j front wheel off my coupe, I cracked the inner rim, Mercedes wanted £800 to replace it, took it to a local metal fabricator got it TIG welded £35, magic.

Thank you gentlemen for all your help and advice. Will find out Monday how much a new wheel is and go from there. I’ve come from a Range Rover Sport supercharged with diamond cut wheels so I’m ready for the cost of a wheel. I just love the car and want it just rite. Sounds crazy I know but YOLO. There is a place I could get it refurbished but it’s an hour and a half away and it would take two days. I guess that is an option I will check out.
Cheers

At worst £860 as that's how much one is on the website linked above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom