kerbed wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
thought id have a quick rant on here

just kerbed up my rear wheel badly coming out of an ncp AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

really pissed off at myself for doing it too!

:mad:

rant over, just needed to say something to people who understand!

g/f said "its only scraped around the outside, dont look that bad to me , dont know what all the fuss is about" grrrrr :mad:

I've slightly done one of mine on a kerb. Only a little brush but really annoying as the set were mint til now. How we hate kerbs!

I wonder why they cant make curbs out of deformable rubber?

Ian B Walker said:
I wonder why they cant make curbs out of deformable rubber?

or the backs of other cars eh Ian?

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Alps said:
just kerbed up my rear wheel badly coming out of an ncp AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Alps said:
g/f said "its only scraped around the outside, dont look that bad to me , dont know what all the fuss is about" grrrrr :mad:

Bet you had to bite your tongue when she said that! :crazy:

Alps said:
thought id have a quick rant on here

really pissed off at myself for doing it too!

:mad:

rant over, just needed to say something to people who understand!

next time she chips a nail, ask her what the fuss is all about?

haha, will do, wheel is a mess tho, will get some pics of it to show how bad!

Talking of which.... I did this the other day (coming into my own road - d'oh!!! :eek: ) so I know the feeling, I'm totally pi$$ed off with myself too. :mad:

It doesn't look too horrendous (and I'm sure it's only me who'd ever notice!! :eek: ) but I'd still like to get it fixed if possible, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place near London (preferably South London/Surrey area) where I could get the offending alloy wheel refurbished?

Could get a refurb - but have you considered looking on eBay or a breakers for a spare wheel? The refurb might not match the others if you just get the one done, and if you are in no great hurry it might even work out cheaper (some places charge a lot more for just one wheel than the cost of refurbing a set/4 if you know what I mean)

Just a thought? :)

Will

Hi,

I take my wheels to Keven of Wicked Wheels in Guilford, i have used him for a long time and very good. Tel No Mobile 077650254854 or works 01483302227 he is very helpful.

Peter.

Alps - get you pics up ajnd I will show mine - 1 has a flat spot! LOL

Lol everyones kerbing their rims season is it? My mate took my bro's golf down to the porsche autohaus place where he works to MOT it, and he stalled it, lost the PAS and scraped 2 beautiful mirror polished borbets. He was on the phone sh1t i kerbed your rims, lol ...

All sorted now though, gave my bro an excuse to polish them again, so off all 4 came , i took down the unit last wk, done the deed, and back on for the show last sunday in Henley.

sorted ; )

I feel your pain, lent the car to the other half for a weekend and she managed to kerb 3 out of 4 of them with one nice scrape across the middle of one of them. Got it back, had a bitch about it to her and then managed to scrape the last one myself while pulling out of the local Sainsburys park !!!! :eek:

I suspect it might be evil womenly tactics as she has been hinting that she would look better in the Merc then in her Fiesta

May be hub caps were specifically designed/invented for women so when they do get curbed u can just slap on another one at fraction of the cost of a refurb... :p ;)

She must have been doing some "driving" to curb 3/4 of ur alloys....

MB used to place a white plastic hub on every alloy wheel of the older/previous generation AMG models when they left the factory (AMG Mono Block II... I think they known as...) when coming of the transporter at the Stealer's for PDI...

You should get tyres with a protective bead in future. Ultracs have a strip of rubber just above the rim that has - so far - spared the alloys any damage.

Me too!

As I was driving passed the local college at lunchtime I was distracted by the fashion show and kerbed both nearside wheels.I had to be recovered by the RAC!
Two Tyres £360
Alloys refurbed £160
Doh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom