Key fob not unlocking/locking on 2002 C Class coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Excalibur

Car
C-Class Coupe C200
Hi All
I have just bought myself a great relatively low-mileage 02 plate C-Class coupe C200 and absolutely love it, can't fault the way it drives.
Apologies for my first post being a technical question but wondered if anybody might be able to help.

The car had not been used for at least 6 months before I bought it and mechanically it is sound, but there are a few electrical gremlins that I am trying to iron out, some of them I believe might be a result of the battery being disconnected when the car was not in use.

First of all the panoramic sunroof didn't work, but I quickly sorted that by resetting it.

Secondly the key fob only works on the ignition, but it does't lock or unlock the car. I have replaced the battery and done the digital camera test so it is definitely transmitting an infra red signal. The central locking works if I use the dashboard switch.

Finally the electric seat and steering wheel adjuster don't work either. Not sure if this is connected to the key fob not working. I had the car serviced and they checked a few of the fuses (although the mechanic is not an auto electrician), and I was told that they are fine.

If any body has any suggestions please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated as I have to use the emergency key to get in and out of the car.
Thanks in advance

It may be the antenna amplifier is dead in the car affecting the signal for the central locking.

I presume you have memory seats? Are all the plugs under the seats connected? Some people unplug the seat pack to stop battery drain issues.

Thanks V12. How would I check the antennae amplifier?
Yes they are memory seats, I will check that they are plugged in and if they are still not working I will investigate the switch.
Is there anything else that I should be looking at?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom