Key fob not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Khal123

Car
C180 kompressor
Hi all,
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I am not able to unlock my car (c180 2004) using the key fob. It worked fine up until a few days ago. I have changed the batteries in the key fob, the number 8 fuse is fine and sometimes it will unlock if I hold it under the IR in the driver handle.
Any help would be most appreciated!

Well the key may be shot but take the new battery out and make certain that the contacts that are on the side of the battery are touching and have not moved down away from it.

I've checked the connections when I replaced the batteries and tried the spare as well (as it was dead). The radio works fine also. Do you think it might be the main battery in the car on its way out?

I've checked the connections when I replaced the batteries and tried the spare as well (as it was dead). The radio works fine also. Do you think it might be the main battery in the car on its way out?
Probably the receiver unit has failed.

Then it sounds like the remote antenna unit has a fault.

Usually fitted to the upper part of the left rear pillar area in the boot.

Thanks for your help
No problem,

Just search on Google, some MB Parts Depts sell on eBay, or ask Steve Jenkins at MB Edinburgh for a quote, he can often discount stock parts. I saved over £80 on brake pads and discs compared to my local dealer.

Find him at : [email protected]

No problem,

Just search on Google, some MB Parts Depts sell on eBay, or ask Steve Jenkins at MB Edinburgh for a quote, he can often discount stock parts. I saved over £80 on brake pads and discs compared to my local dealer.

Find him at : [email protected]
Awesome, thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom