key fob programming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BENNYANDTHEJETS

Hi Guys
our key fob, broke and we lost the inner metal key as well, it works the c/l
and the alarm, is it possible to replace the key ( Ie Ebay !) and have it
reprogrammed away from the main dealers, we have A E240 99 :dk:

Hi Guys
our key fob, broke and we lost the inner metal key as well, it works the c/l
and the alarm, is it possible to replace the key ( Ie Ebay !) and have it
reprogrammed away from the main dealers, we have A E240 99 :dk:

no.... 2nd hand keys cannot be re-programmed, whatever the ebay sellers say. your only choice is the dealer.

Thanks Guys well stick with it, it still works fine :)

Hi Guys
our key fob, broke and we lost the inner metal key as well, it works the c/l and the alarm, is it possible to replace the key ( Ie Ebay !) and have it reprogrammed away from the main dealers, we have A E240 99 :dk:

Yes, no problem. You can buy a replacement key blade and get any shop that cuts keys to do it for you. I am gathering you have a either a flip out key blade or similar. You don't need to get the key fob recoded if it is still working fine. It works now as you say so a key blade won't change that or stop it from working.

Is it one of the infra red remote fobs? If so that remote fob works the central locking and also disables the immobiliser at the same time as far as I am aware. As long as you have a spare key blade that the shop can cut the blank to then you will be fine. Nice and cheap I would expect about £15 to buy the key and get it cut all in.

Job done.

Last edited:
Yes, no problem. You can buy a replacement blad and get any shop that cuts keys to do it for you. I am gathering you have a either a flip out key blade or similar. You don't need to get the key fob recoded if it is still working fine. It works now as you say so a key blad won't change that or stop it from working.

Is it one of the infra red remote fobs? If so that remote fob works the central locking and also disables the immobiliser at the same time as far as I am aware. As long as you have a spare key blad that the shop can cut the blank to then you will be fine. Nice and cheap I would expect about £15 to buy the key and get it cut all in.

Job done.

He does say the fob is broken.:rolleyes:

He also says 'it works the c/l and the alarm' and just needs to replace the key so I am not sure. Can you confirm BENNYANDTHEJETS?

he has a '99 W210 so therefore has the electronic key....

It is possible to buy a decent replacement from oohbay, and then swap the gubbins from your own key. This works if your own key is worn, cracked etc.

He also says 'it works the c/l and the alarm' and just needs to replace the key so I am not sure. Can you confirm BENNYANDTHEJETS?

"...our key fob, broke and we lost the inner metal key as well..."

Key Fob

Thanks guys, it is a electronic, but some muppet broke the key ring bit, and key . works perfect , but cant get a key ring on it,the round hole bit broken:doh: thats all Thanks for all the replies :)

the meteal inserts from Mercedes are 30 to 40 quid and a max 5 working day wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom