Key fob trickery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gizmo750

Car
Audi TT
Having bought my CLK second user I wasn't aware that the key fob could open all the windows and sunroof and close them all too.

Reading a couple of threads here I noticed that others did so thought I would give it a try.

Cue one foolish, grinning idiot in my driveway as if by magic my car opened up!

Small things and small minds I know - but made my day.

Easily pleased me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

yep - I like that feature .... makes people look when you are in the car park after a hot day's work ! Good way to drain the battery quickly as well ;)

Quite a few alarm systems have auto-closure, but the auto-opening is a very nice touch.

S.

Hmmmm, didn't think about the battery:eek:

Mental note to self - stop standing in driveway messing about with key fob! ! ! ! !

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

just kidding about the battery... if its anything like the size of the battery in mine it will take a bit more than that to run it flat !!

:devil:

Originally posted by Gizmo750
Having bought my CLK second user I wasn't aware that the key fob could open all the windows and sunroof and close them all too.
ok, now try pressing the lock and unlock buttons together and keep them down for about 8 seconds, the fob LED should flash once. Your key is now in higher security mode, where if you press the unlock button only the driver's door unlocks, then press it again to unlock the whole car. Clever huh? Repeat the process to go back to how it was :)

My keys:
newkeys1.jpg

I went to do this at the weekend (mainly to impress the people I was with) but it didn't work. Then I realised you had to point the key are the drivers door, but I was approaching it from the passenger side. Seems stupid not to have the sensor both sides.

Why is it that the damn window trick chooses not to work when you take a load of work colleagues out to lunch?

"Oh, I've left my window down....can you turn the ignition back on?"
"No problem, if I press this, it will....it should.....oh B***er, I'll switch the ignition back on"

Greg, I'm pleased to hear that I am not the only one who's technology takes the piss out of them!

All my toys do this - fail at the precise time when I want to impress someone with them.

I think they know. . . . . . . . . . . . . .:devil:

Scarey stuff - have you have seen "Runaway" (that aweful film about rogue robots with Tom (Magnum) Selleck)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by GregE240
"No problem, if I press this, it will....it should.....oh B***er, I'll switch the ignition back on"
It only works within a certain amount of time, and only on the first use of the keyfob for that activity :) . The fob uses radio to tell the car to unlock but IR to open and close the windows, you need line of sight of the door handles.

door handle (single) in my case

Ah, so must point at handles rather than wistfully twiddling inside my trouser pocket :D

I'll twiddle no more. Line of sight necessary then!

Sorry im new to merc ownership ........can someone tell me how to do this please ?

I have a w202 ...how can I close the windows with the keyfob ?

Thanks in advance .

Sanj,

I only found out today - and I have had my CLK for 6 months!!!

Press the unlock and hold it down and watch in amazement - same to close it all up again when locking.

Remember as mentioned above that you need line of sight to the door handle and depending on your car it may only work on the drivers side.

Enjoy :bannana:

Another thing I noticed but I haven't tried again to check, the windows only seemed to go down a couple of inches and then stop, and I had to release the button and try again to get them to go all the way down. I'll have to try it again later.

Gizmo750 ,

Just tried it.....its way cool !!

cheers man.

Originally posted by paulrichardson
Does anyone know whether my SLK 230 will perform any "tricks"

not to my knowledge - tried the window close thing but it doesn't work. it would be cool if the key fob could open/close the roof.

another nice feature I don't have: my dad's old e-class w210 would switch the wipers from continuous to intermittent when he came to a stop and switch back when moving off. do any of the other current models (with or without rain-sensors) still have this or did it fall fowl of the bean counters?

Originally posted by simonl
another nice feature I don't have: my dad's old e-class w210 would switch the wipers from continuous to intermittent when he came to a stop and switch back when moving off. do any of the other current models (with or without rain-sensors) still have this or did it fall fowl of the bean counters?

I think the rain sensors might be speed sensitive, or it could just be more rain hits them at speed, as when sitting in traffic they don't seem to wipe as often.

Originally posted by simonl
not to my knowledge - tried the window close thing but it doesn't work. it would be cool if the key fob could open/close the roof.

When I test drove the new CLK Cab a couple of weeks ago the dealer demo'd that you could do this from the key fob :bannana:

Last edited:
When I test drove the new CLK Cab a couple of weeks ago the dealer demo'd that you could do this from the key fob

My g/fs Astra cab can do that - very impressive. Although you do feel a bit of a d!ck doing it outside a busy Homebase :D

My CLK doesn't have rain sensors, but it does change the speed of the wipers, depending on what setting you had them on, when you stop. If they were on 1, they go to intermittent (is that a German word?), if on 2, they go to 1. And vice versa when you move off. Very efficient.

Cheers

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom