Key FOB W163 HELP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It may of been the way i was explaining the parts.
I have tested the key fobs (buttons on the key that supposed tonlock unlock etc.) and they make the noise through the fm radio when slowly tuned.......showing (as best as possible) the key fobs work.

The alarm siren (mounted near the windscreen) is currently disconnected (3wire plug) ...... if I connect it weather the car is locked or unlocked the siren goes off continuously. Only way to stop is disconnect.

With the siren disconnected, I can press the "lock" button on the center console and the car will lock, after 30seconds ish the indicators flash to show an alarm activation (including the little red led in the dash) whilst this is happening I can still turn the key and start the car. It takes approximately 5mins then all the flashing stops and doesn't repeat
(unless I use the button in the car again)

Hopefully this is a bit clearer.

I have checked as many fuses as I can see, is there one inline to the alarm module (brain) that is hidden somewhere?

The siren houses the brains of the alarm and there would be no in-line fuse on a factory fitted alarm, you should have a fixed fuse for the alarm somewhere as mentioned in post # 20.

Do you have a fuse chart/list anywhere in the car?

You may have the same siren as the guy in post #8 here… alarm siren - Mercedes-Benz Forum
When an alarm is triggered, turning the ignition on should disarm the alarm, unless you can find a simple solution to this problem, like a blown fuse that’s preventing the key fob from communicating with the car, then you will have to either replace the siren OR have the car put on STAR diagnostic at an good independent MB specials or main dealer.

Dec

attachment.php

As far as I remember there is only 1 fuse for the siren, its a 10amp fuse, number 18 or 19 situated in the rear sam ( at least they are for the C class )

Yippee, just found this thread.

Big thank you to Mercedesreplacementkey in Brum

Daughters “everyday” key stopped working, so took the spare, tried new batteries -no joy.

Phoned up the Key Master, and he said to try the re-synchonisation procedure. ( post #7)

HEY -PRESTO.
:)
Happy days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom