"Key not detected" Keyless Go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

7om

Car
CLS55
Hi,

Having trouble with my keyless go entry on my CLS 55 AMG.

I have both keys, I've swapped new batteries in and when pressing the button on the gear selector it still says "Key not Detected".

Does anyone on here have any trouble shooting tips?

If you have already changed batteries then all you can do is take it to someone competent with Star.
Could be an issue with the gear selector, the EIS or an antenna.

It's happened a couple of times with mine last year. I took the key out of my pocket and waved it in front of the EIS and the car started on the gearstick button.

You haven't accidentally put the key in the ignition and tried the gearstick button have you?
It's usually the handles that fail on the Keyless, not the fob or gearstick button.

I have no idea what the correct procedure is. The car doesn't open when I walk up-to it and with no key in the ignition if I press the start button. I just get the key not detected message.

The handles fail? Noob alert. I've read the manual and the car is just supposed to unlock as far as I'm aware if I'm carrying the key?

I have no idea what the correct procedure is. The car doesn't open when I walk up-to it and with no key in the ignition if I press the start button. I just get the key not detected message.

The handles fail? Noob alert. I've read the manual and the car is just supposed to unlock as far as I'm aware if I'm carrying the key?

you need to touch the door handle for the car to unlock

to start the car, the car needs to be inside the passenger compartment

It's usually the handles that fail on the Keyless, not the fob or gearstick button.

It is not uncommon for all 3 to fail at some point, although the handles are more prone than the other pieces.

The common failure with the gear selector is usually that it doesn't go to "sleep" and drains the battery over night as it is constantly searching for a key.

also - if you have a metal keyring or other keys\metal bits (like coins etc), this can effect the keyless keys.

Hello, I've tried to touch the door handle and nothing happens. I'm going to take it into Merc and have them do a diagnostics check. Thanks for the tips, I'll bear that in mind.

You need to pull the door handle to unlock the car, there is a switch behind the handle, as you pull the door handle the switch will activate.

To lock the car just press the square button, located on the outside of the door handle.

This applies for each door handle. I don't know of the CLS has this as well. But on the W211 there is a extra lock button on the boot (saves me having to walk around the side some times).

This applies for each door handle. I don't know of the CLS has this as well. But on the W211 there is a extra lock button on the boot (saves me having to walk around the side some times).

same for 219 CLS

On the W220 and W215 you only need to touch the capacitive handle. No need to pull.

On the W220 and W215 you only need to touch the capacitive handle. No need to pull.

same on 219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom