Key programmer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder if it actually works
If it does then I wonder if you need the original key to clone? I have no idea how these modern keys work but everything I have read points to th fact that you need the original key to steal our modern Mercedes hence the car jacking and burglaries where keys are stolen

Quote: I wonder if it actually works .......................

Dont see why not. It was probably made using an original Mercedes unit as a template. Certainly looks the part. I have emailed the company to try to get further details. If and when I receive a reply I will post here and let you know what they say.
The blurb says it can reprogram both new and used keys.
Also, it infers that a new key can be programmed by reading the program eeprom of the CPU from the Steering blocking module. So the original key doesnt seem to be required to obtain a new key. At least, I think thats what they mean...........
If so..........then.....
THEY ARE DANGEROUS.
So from now on, the most difficult part of getting a hooky dupicate key might be obtaining the correct key blade..............

Last edited:
Hmmm, very dodgy.
Looks like an EIS with some LED's in it.

Ive sent an enquiry to the seller asking for price etc.

If these actually work, we will probably see an increace in security for ordering keys (if thats possible)
The only thing i can think of is, the car must be in our workshop, no exeptions. Thats my guess.

Last edited:
I have enquired before about these.

I might buy one just to see.

If it does then I wonder if you need the original key to clone? I have no idea how these modern keys work but everything I have read points to th fact that you need the original key to steal our modern Mercedes hence the car jacking and burglaries where keys are stolen

I've seen this on You tube. The original key is used as far as I can make out.

I see the same ebay trader sells STAR/DAS for £600

I hate being a killjoy but where do you buy the blank keys from, or do you just nip to the local scrappy?

You read and program eeprom of CPU from Steering blocking module

And from ebay:
Desolder and read via programmer two CPU fromElectronic Ignition Control Module.Load theese eeproms to program.Desolder NEC CPU from the key. Soldering it on the device , select theNo of key and program it. Solder all CPU on their places and start thecar.
Looks like the type discussed before where you have to actually remove the EEPROM from the EIS and re-program it and then repeat for the key. Not something for the faint hearted.

There is one on youtube, they display the company name in the background. Ive been on their website and they sell the programmers AND keys!

This all sounds rather complicated and extremely technical.

Would it not be cheaper just to buy a second key?

If a car thief is going to steal a car key to get it copied so that they could steal the car, then would it not be easier to simply steal the key and then use that to steal the car?

If the intention is an honest method of just duplicating a key, then would it not be easier to just buy a duplicate? :confused:

Would it not be cheaper just to buy a second key?
Probably - there was a thread last year about someone offering a serivce using this kit at £60 a key. Given the effort involved that seemed a low hourly rate. And of course if you let someone else do this for you they are quite capable of producing a second working key for their dodgy mate at the same time.

Sales Contact: Mr. witty liu.

!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom